Pike fishing trade for Boat fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pike fishing trade for Boat fishing

I have done just about every type of fishing you can in the UK being good at some and total crap at others but never pike fishing, would love to try this and have a host of plugs and lures and could purchase some dead bait rigs..i ahve some spinning rods capable of plugging maybe dead baiting.

The reason for the thread is in the hope of trading a day out on my boat wrecking/rough ground for an invite to join someone fishing and be aided in the tactics of pike fishing and maybe a lend for the day of anything i dont have.

My ideal pike day would be a rod out with a dead bait and 1 in my hand for plugging, its a long shot but worth askng on here.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Pike fishing

I hope someone gives you the opportunity,a couple of years ago i would have gladly showed you the ropes.the only way i can describe the feeling to you is when you hook a decent pike its like hooking a 10lb mackerel.Ive done all types of fishing for some 55 years and i can assure you the first time i hooked a decent pike i wondered why i had wasted all my life fishing for other species.There are several pike guides allover the country which you can book for a days bank or boat fishing with tackle and bait provided.A friend and i had a few trips to norfolk for guided days out unfortunately i was spoiled,on my first trip i had 8 fish in double figures the best 19lb 14oz on both live and dead bait.the best times usually being between late September and late March or a bit longer if the fish havnt spawned.If i wasnt in ill health it would still be my favourite.Good luck you wont regret it.

Comment

Your doing the right thing mate wanting to go with someone who has experience. Unhooking can be difficult and daunting at first.

This time of year isn't the best for dead baiting due to warm weather, Unless your fishing deeper cooler waters your best bet is to wait until October/November when the fish start to feed up.
      You will catch them all year round on lures including winter, -6'c is the lowest I've caught on lures. This time of year again the fish fight hard and with low oxygen levels it can kill them if you aren't careful.
      If you are prepared to wait, I'll see what I can do after October. Like IANG has said, You will love it and you never know how big when your alarm goes off.

Comment

I do a lot of pike angling over the winter months. Season starts 1st October in which I intend on having a day in south west Scotland on loch Woodall. Your more than welcome to come along and I'm sure I will have whatever you require :-) I also often visit Cundall lake in thirsk which has produce a 17, & 2 16's in the space of a few days. So also more than welcome there to
        Last edited by AndyBrumby; 18-09-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Hay thanks for the offer pm sent.
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

[B]
            sx ]
            Last edited by rocketman; 21-09-2012, 04:00 PM.
            PLACES IVE FISHED..

CHESIL BEACH DORSET, PORTLAND ROCKS DORSET, DUNGEONESS BEACH KENT, PORTHCAUL WALES,
            BLACKWATER ESTUARY ESSEX, HAYLING ISLAND

Comment

Working...
            X