Higham Lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higham Lakes

Visited here yesterday. First time since it was first opened when only the bottom lake existed and thought it was really good place to fish.
    What the hells happened to the botom lake. Full of weed. Whole place looks run down. Rubbish, dead fish floating. I know they had a rock fest the night before but is that an excuse.

was there today.looked ok,didnt go down to bottom lake as was told there was lots of weed,on the fishing side of it caught 1,missed a few lol cheers russ

ps was a couple of tents floating around the field lol

Comment

Always been pretty difficult/rubbish there never had more than 2 fish in a session out of about 7 or 8 visits and alot of blanks. When I first went years ago it was brill, fish everywhere. Now even the regulars say its gone downhill, sometimes goes a long time without stocking (apparently). Iv never had a thing out the bottom lake because you literally have a 1ft of water the rest is weed, Always makes you feel a bit robbed having to pay more for that. But I realise all fisheries are probably having a hard time atm

Comment

hi lads i fish higham quite a few times i have blanked on a number off ocassions but you cannot grumble at the price £10 for catch and release for five hours ive seen the lakes boiling with fish there are england internationals struggle up there aswell if you get the right fly on the day you will have a cracking day.The most fish ive caught up there is four and i have fished the place regular The owner is cracking bloke ask him what fly is working and he will tell you just keep trying and it will pay off many fish to the bank thanks for reading

stew

Comment

Originally posted by potts123 View Post
          hi lads i fish higham quite a few times i have blanked on a number off ocassions but you cannot grumble at the price £10 for catch and release for five hours ive seen the lakes boiling with fish there are england internationals struggle up there aswell if you get the right fly on the day you will have a cracking day.The most fish ive caught up there is four and i have fished the place regular The owner is cracking bloke ask him what fly is working and he will tell you just keep trying and it will pay off many fish to the bank thanks for reading

stew
          hows it going stew
          you get bloody everywhere you lol

Comment

Working...
          X