Fontburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fontburn

Is it an any bait fishery?Also does that include spinners and livebait?I know anybait includes urgh-powerbait-yuck.I\'m going up on Sept 4th on a paid trip from work,with a meal chucked in at the Diamond in Pon-te-land.Whats it like as a boozer,eaterie type place?

hi tat,
    haven\'t fished fonburn for a few years now but as far as i am aware you can only fly fish and use worms as live bait, but that might have changed. will ask my dad on wednesday
    as far as the diamond in pont is concerned great pub , used to drink there afew years ago every friday for a year trying to get off with a lass,great pub

[Edited on 23/8/2005 by marksworld]

Comment

Hi Tat

Fontburn now allows worm, maggot and powerbait. Fly fishing is still allowed too.

Orange and Green in the Powerbait paste and eggs are the favoured colours and the either brandlings (dendras) or lobs for the worm. White maggots are favoured over mixed colours.

Spinning is only allowed at Kielder between 1st May and 31st October. No spinning at Fontburn

As for the Diamond, long time since I have been in their. I\'m an ex Ponteland lad and it always used to be a good pub but have no idea what it is like now.
      www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

Cheers lads,I\'ll post a catch report.At the minute(well not right now obviously)I\'m collecting lobs and reds like mad.I\'ll need a canny few for the amount I\'m gonna drown.

Comment

Did.nt get there.A nice lady pulled put at a roundabout and then stopped,I followed looking right and the inevitable happened.Car in dock.

Comment

Even tho\' I did\'nt get here\'s a report from the lads that did.
            5 went 5 rainbows taken up to 2lb 9ozs.Three lads blanked,Papa Bennet got his 3 on powerbait,Dodgy Dave Taylorson got his 2 on worm and lost one at the net,aided by the guy inthe next swim,say n\'more.

Comment

Working...
            X