No announcement yet.

Private Property / Fishing / Dosh etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Property / Fishing / Dosh etc.

First year I\'ve ever put a line into freshwater and loving all of the new experiences it has opened up to me. When I decided to give it a bash, prompted unfortunately by inheriting Ian\'s kit, I thought Paying for a licence, what a liberty, but did anyway, and then thought the world was my freshwater crayfish. Oh no no no. As far as I can gather in the few months I\'ve been at it, at least game fish wise, there is hardly an inch of water that isn\'t \"owned\" by someone. Worse still, the price you have to pay to fish certain beats is unbelievable / totally designed to keep us unwashed away. There seems to be a right to roam which applies to dry land only. The ONLY way I seem to have been able to enjoy this sport at all is by being lucky enough to have a job and have just enough left over to justify paying out for my special indulgence. I\'ve seen many of these expensive stretches of water, owned by bugle nosed trustafarians, devoid of anglers when the tale of the tape says, oh waiting list of 80 years, people desperate to get on the water.

Tired of typing
    Jist of the tale is Eat the Rich

Wearside
    Clydeside
    Bogside
    Join the Angryside
    Property is Theft
    And that
    "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
    Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

its a eye opener Ian.Been discussing on Bribones forum about being ripped off with fishing licences,its amazing really,if you owned a piece of land and made your own fishery and fished it by yourself you still have to buy a licence ,it would be privately maintained and filled by gods water lmfao
    Cheers Alan...

Comment

According to the EA, the licence fee is necessary to maintain and support fishing in England and Wales

How come then, Scotland has some superb fishing yet you dont need a rod licence up there???????????

www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

Very odd Ian could\'nt agree more
        Whats the score with Northern Ireland and does Eire have there own licence or is it free
        Cheers Alan...

Comment

No too sure about N.I but I think that they have a rod licence system

Eire, tried to introduce a rod licence several years ago and all the ghillies etc downed tools. Angling is a BIG tourist industry in Eire and as a result it cost the country a fortune in lost revenue. Eventually an agreement was reached and a annual licence brought in. Bit with Ireland being Ireland, apparently nobody bothers buying one and it isn\'teven policed!!!

Note for case m\'lord, I am not condoning not buying a rod licence. Alll anglers should fish legally
          www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

keeping my thoughts to myself
            ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
            Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

I\'m not particularly arsed about the licence fee. I guess Scottish waters are maintained by money from other taxes. It\'s the additional fees for day tickets and club memberships. I get a great deal from the club I\'ve joined but they seem few and far between.

Comment

Buts its the same environment agency in scotland that looks after the water??
                ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Is it? Never knew that. Kick me in the face and call me Rupert

That\'s 2 things I don\'t know. The other\'s how to crochet.

Comment

Working...
                  X