Split cane rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split cane rods

just been clearing out a relatives loft...

found a mint Hardy split cane rod, 3 piece 10ft. anyone got any info on em

its got a lush action for something which I\'m guessing i getting on a bit, might give it a blast before the pound signs kerchinging in me head take control

some strange fly lines as well....unused silk, according to the instruction they need soaking in some wierd brew before using.

a liitle brass reel and a box of flies to complete the kit. I can feel an attack of serious retro happening soon....any one got any tweeds I can borrow and someone to carry everything and tug their forelock in respectful tones for me while I\'m out - charlie, you\'ll have to buy a wig
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Mark - It might be worth taking it up to the Hardy museum at Alnwick. I\'m in the process of getting a Hardy Farnborough re conditioned and the stasff up there were spot on.

Cheers
    JamesC

Comment

Mark

Hardy\'s have a database for all the rods that hey have produced and also a lot of the reels.

There should be a unique ID number on the rod and reel. All you need to do is give Hardys a ring and quote these numbers and they should be able to date them for you. Sometimes they even have the info of who made the rod.

As for the fly lines, I wouldnt use them. There is only one factory in the world now (in France) that makes silk fly lines and they are very expensive!! If they are in mint, unused condition then I would leave well alone!!

If you want to pop into my shop with the gear I will try and give you some info on the stuff (I\'m a Hardy dealer) and also give you a written valuation for your insurance. Depending on the age and condition of the stuff, you may get a pleasant surprise!!

www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

I\'m a Hardy dealer
        So am I Grommit

Only kidding of course
        "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
        Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

Working...
        X