not long now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not long now!

Only a fortnight till the new salmon season lads,who's oot on opening day?
    The tyne had a poor run last year although if you fished deep and slow enough,there was sport to be had.I'm fishing a new river this season (as well as the tyne),where you lads gannin?

I will be on the Wear on opening day if the weather and river are ok.
    Had my first springer in the 3rd week in Feb last year so lets hope theres a few in.
    Most of my fish last year were taken on a fast sink tip and big heavy tubes fished as slow as possible,even in the summer because of all the water we had.
    Lets hope we get a bit less water this year.
    A 2ft lift once a week would do me nicely.....:

Comment

ha ha,a two foot lift every week would do nicely mate!took me till march 17th to get a fish last year,that was above riding mill though.i was watching salmon on the tidal yesterday,so the signs are good!

Comment

Good luck lads ... bushwacker u dont need luck u . I enjoyd reading your posts last year you catch sum awsome fish pal. Hope you have a good spring. Im waiting on the weather to turn warm love to go carp fishing just wen they getting back on there food. Tight lines .. peter

Comment

Kicks off tomorrow,shame the Tynes still in flood but there might be the odd place that will fish.Good luck to all

Comment

Looking at getting another licence this year lads. Did not know you could fish Riding Mill its not far from me. Is it a free strech of river.

Mick.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
              Looking at getting another licence this year lads. Did not know you could fish Riding Mill its not far from me. Is it a free strech of river.

Mick.
              Sadly there's no free water on the Tyne Mick,pm me and I'll see what I can do.not cheap mind.

Comment

I used to do a lot of trout on fly mostly still waters but never fished for salmon, I'm going to join a few clubs this year as I'm interested in lure fishn for pike but think I'll upgrade my licence to a salmon this year and give it a try
                www.home-improver.com
                Where quality counts

Comment

Working...
                X