Felton Fence and QE2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felton Fence and QE2

Does anyone know what its like fishing wise at Felton Fence? Presume its a day ticket place found a couple of websites for it and infor off google but nothing recent. Just been given a load of course fishing gear and as its fairly local thought might give it a try. Not been course fishing for about 10yrs so any infor tactics etc would be great.

Also any suggestions for the QE2 Ashington its just over the road from me so could be worth a shot. Not googled this one yet but any infor again would be great.

Cheers

Pop into tackle shop in ashington, a lad called gary will tell you all about qe, sorry i cant help you with felton, never fished it
    Or contact gary36 on nesa.
    If its got t1ts or tyres, its gonna be trouble.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem

Comment

cheers will have a pop along to McDermotts have a chat with them there. Cant find anything about felton i'll drop them an email see what the crack is there.

Comment

Originally posted by littlebiglee View Post
        Does anyone know what its like fishing wise at Felton Fence? Presume its a day ticket place found a couple of websites for it and infor off google but nothing recent. Just been given a load of course fishing gear and as its fairly local thought might give it a try. Not been course fishing for about 10yrs so any infor tactics etc would be great.

Also any suggestions for the QE2 Ashington its just over the road from me so could be worth a shot. Not googled this one yet but any infor again would be great.

Cheers
        Fished Felton Fence last summer and was underwhelmed. The carp are about 3-4lbs and the fishing marks quite limited. All of the time tractors and lorries roar along behind as they dig out what will presumably be a new lake at the top. Access road is very uneven for 'normal' vehicles. Old lake at the top has about 2 fish left in max. My mate said he wouldn't return as he blanked.

QE2 is a matter of local knowledge my daughter and I fished the lake and had no bites at all. My mate and I fished it and guess what.... no bites at all.
        At the top end of the lake ... a long walk is apparently a bit deeper than the 3-4 foot depth elsewhere and might hold some fish.... we were told this at the end of our second visit. If you have a car go to Woodlands at Thirsk a fantastic fishing venue if you want to get back in to coarse fishing and actually have a very productive day.
        It is worth the drive when the light nights return...

Comment

Have you thought about Leazes Park, Newcastle City Centre sandwiched between St James Park and the RVI hospital. Day tickets ( £5 ) can be obtained from a number of tackle shops and can be pre-dated. The LPAA ( Leazes Park Angling Association ) has a page on facebook and a web site for more information on the rules of fishing Leazes Park please read these and abide by them. bailiffs make regular visits to the water and if your found severly in breach of the rules you will be asked to leave or given good advice as to how to fish and with what.
          Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

Cheers Watersedge and bigsid. I'll have a google into both of them. Read different things about QE not being to good and loads of weed. Think I'll give Felton a miss then unless it improves.

Comment

Working...
            X