Decent perch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent perch!

Can anyone recomend a venue for good sport for perch on lures?
    Any info welcome...

Very very difficult, Had a few to a pound from Herrington country park.

Best venue that isn't local is Derwent water lake district. But you would benefit from a boat. I had them there to 2lb.

Comment

Wear at Chester le street, but they're more of a summer fish with the odd one showing in spring, plenty on deadbeats in the summer/autumn. I've had them to 2lb on normal worm and mahgot baits. Lost a monster to a snag at the bend on the top end called sandy bay a few years back. Could see the dorsal fin sticking out of the water about 8 yards from the bank. Id been catching small stuff on a waggler in the back eddy before that. The fin was a good 8 inches long. I reckon it might have been about 3lb. Have seen photos of perch bigger than that from the same spot over 3 and a half, caught on deadbaited gudgeon and minnows. Never tried lures there tho.

Comment

Hang on tho, that was about 18 years ago when I come to think about it

Comment

ive also had a 2lber from derwent, on a fry imitation fly fishing! was buzzin. but that lake is very reliant on the roach shoals if the perch are there or not. also plenty from windermere at dusk on spinners.

Comment

Chearz lads. Is the wear on a day ticket or club water?

Comment

Day ticket available from the sports office at the cricket ground I think but not sure, or fish it through Chester club or exchange tickets maybe through other clubs

Comment

How do i get to that herrington lake been looking at other threads and seems to have alot of perch

Comment

Originally posted by marky RS mann View Post
                  How do i get to that herrington lake been looking at other threads and seems to have alot of perch

Where do you fish for them?
                  If you fish the Wear, remember your wire leader as there is chance of a pike.

Herrington country park is opposite penshaw monument, If you search it on here I think I put a few pics up off a year or 2 back. I have caught perch there to a pound, They will be bigger now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimk2 View Post
                    Where do you fish for them?
                    If you fish the Wear, remember your wire leader as there is chance of a pike.

Herrington country park is opposite penshaw monument, If you search it on here I think I put a few pics up off a year or 2 back. I have caught perch there to a pound, They will be bigger now.
                    Is there really pike in the wear ??

Comment

Originally posted by Bassboyo View Post
                      Pike in every river mate, Just not the quantiites that make them worth targetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassboyo View Post
                        when I was a kid I fished it and seen someone hook an eel and only half came back in so yes. its a pretty slow river with plenty weed for cover so id say there would be at least enough there to try catch one

Comment

I've seen pike in the wear at Chester, mate of mine got a female full of spawn, 11lb that was pinching small chub and roach off my feeder rig as I was bringing them in. I've seen at least 6 in the shallows over the years. They get caught occasionally at Durham too. Nobody fishes for them so if they are probably not very wise

Comment

The pike are probably not very wise that is, not the anglers!

Comment

Thanks lads, I've not fished Durham or Chester for years. Maybe ill give it a look

Comment

Working...
                              X