Decent perch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumpsucker, anything recent?

I've hit the Wear at Chester and Durham with lures over the years and I've only had 1 jack and that was back in 2009.

Like I said, they will be there but I suppose locating them would be a problem and with pike in general catching them when they are on the feed (dead baiting)

I suppose a match angler will know this info if he is getting pike trouble. Makes sense.

Comment

There was a 27 0r 29lber caught out of the Wear a few years back, saw it in anglers mail, cracking looking fish but did not say which stretch. I know the local PAC have fished it and blanked before, think they blanked at Kielder too when that was tried. Nice perch at Yarm and Whittle dene too.

Comment

there is pike in the wear especially at the free stretch just before kepier , both me and my kid have had them take small chub etc on the retrieve... the last time we had fish was the 2011 season due to not fishing the river last year..
        we concentrated on ponds ...
        my lad with a canny perch from a local private pond

that was just one of a bag of well over a dozen fish all near enough the same and believe it or not they were caught on corn

we were actually after roach like this
        keep it swinging

Comment

Nowt recent that I know of, Havnt fished the rivers for a few years now, but they'll still be there.

Comment

Throkley reeth, run by the taa, lovely tree lined pond, and some real big perch live there
            If its got t1ts or tyres, its gonna be trouble.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem

Comment

Marden quarry was a good spot when i was a youngun for perch and a few other species mainly carp. Used to fish just below the carpark on the left hand side, a small reedbed between the pathway and the centre island. I had some good bags there, and its just recently been re-stocked with roach and perch.
              Species for 2012- Mackerel, Pollock, Codling 3lb 1oz, Whiting, Coley, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, LS Dogfish, Launce, Blenny, Weaver, Lobster, Rockling, Short spined sea scorpion, Pouting
              Lure caught 2012 - Mackerel, Pollock, Coley, Launce, Weaver
              Species for 2013 so far - Dab, Codling, Eelpout, Coley, Lobster, SS Sea Scorpion
              Lure caught 2013 -

Take what you need and leave the rest to breed

Comment

loch ken

had perch 4lb on meps and lures in loch ken

Comment

Originally posted by geordie_john View Post
                  had perch 4lb on meps and lures in loch ken
                  years ago before franklin prison was built we use to go to brasside.the perch fishing was amazing we use to catch the small ones to catch the bigguns.iam sure there would have been a record in there.also joes pond at Houghton.

Comment

this is the stamp of fish i had at lake windermere last summer on mepps, nearly fish a cast
                    bit overgunned with a big spinning rod but they still put a kanny bend in it!

[/U]

Comment

Is there any time of year which is best for spinning for perch or can they be caught on spinners all throughout the year?

Comment

I like summer spinning when the bait fish are more active, theres nothing better than wandering around a lake with a hot sun dropping, only a rod and box of plugs/spinners.
                        Idyllic for me.
                        If its got t1ts or tyres, its gonna be trouble.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem

Comment

I would say spring summer, but they are a predator and will feed all year round.
                          I predominantly target pike but have caught perch on lures all year round.

Comment

Working...
                          X