Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greys XF2

Hello,
    Just a quick question. Do any of you lads use these rods? If you do what's your opinion?
    It's the 9'6" 6# I'm thinking of.
    Many thanks guys.

Regards Ian

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    Hello,
    Just a quick question. Do any of you lads use these rods? If you do what's your opinion?
    It's the 9'6" 6# I'm thinking of.
    Many thanks guys.

Regards Ian
    ian i have the xf2 10ft #4 great rods.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtel View Post
      ian i have the xf2 10ft #4 great rods.
      Thanks bigtel,
      I think I've made my mind up and I going to get one, I think it'll do me fine.

I'm a very occasional fly angler but I keep promising myself that I'm going to do more of it. I have an 8wt outfit which is great but I feel It's a bit too much for most of my fishing (stillwaters like Chatton) and I think I'd enjoy fishing with the 6wt more.

Thanks again for your reply, Ian.

Comment

I've got 4 Greys fly rods Ian from a small #4wt to a 13ft salmon double hander,they all toppers,as good as their stablemate Hardys and a fraction of the price,whats not to like!

Comment

Originally posted by The Deeps View Post
          I've got 4 Greys fly rods Ian from a small #4wt to a 13ft salmon double hander,they all toppers,as good as their stablemate Hardys and a fraction of the price,whats not to like!
          Thanks for that mate. I know that you do many forms of flyfishing so do you mid if I ask...will my 8wt single hander do for fishing for seatrout?

The reason I'm asking is that I live a very short distance from the River Wear at Chester-le-street and I've always wanted to go there.....I realy have not got a clue, I was told to try and join Chester-le-street angling club but then some one told me not to bother and just concentrate on the free stretches........so many things I'd like to do with so little time!!!

Thanks again, Ian.

Comment

Thanks for that mate. I know that you do many forms of flyfishing so do you mid if I ask...will my 8wt single hander do for fishing for seatrout?

The reason I'm asking is that I live a very short distance from the River Wear at Chester-le-street and I've always wanted to go there.....I realy have not got a clue, I was told to try and join Chester-le-street angling club but then some one told me not to bother and just concentrate on the free stretches........so many things I'd like to do with so little time!!!

Thanks again, Ian.
            Alright Ian,dont know much about the Wear but all of my dedicated sea trout fishing is with a single hander,your 10 footer should be fine so long as its not too stiff and try a DT rather than a WF.Sea troot normally go mental when they're hooked and if they just arrived from the briny their mouths are really soft so you want a forgiving rod otherwise the hook will pull out
            The trick with ST is to not let them know you're there,very spooky fish unless the river has some colour in which case they can become suicidal,longish stealthy casts are the way to go in clear water bud,especially at dusk and into the dark.Hope this is of some help

Tone

Comment

Many thanks Tone,
              I will have to spend some time on my casting, I'm not sure my usual "coil of spaghetti" landing in a splash will fool many seatrout if stealth is the key

Regards Ian

Comment

Many thanks Tone,
                I will have to spend some time on my casting, I'm not sure my usual "coil of spaghetti" landing in a splash will fool many seatrout if stealth is the key

Regards Ian
                Ha ha,we've all done it bud
                Aim about 2ft above where you want the cast to land,drop the rod towards the water and let go of the line before touchdown...Its easier to show than explain,send me a pm and I'll help oot if I can!

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by The Deeps View Post
                  Ha ha,we've all done it bud
                  Aim about 2ft above where you want the cast to land,drop the rod towards the water and let go of the line before touchdown...Its easier to show than explain,send me a pm and I'll help oot if I can!

Tone
                  Thanks for the advice Tone.....I'll be practising as soon as I get my backside into gear.
                  I bought a great DVD by Hywel Morgan. I picked up alot of info from it but to be honest I just need to put some more time in.

Thanks Ian

Comment

Working...
                  X