free stretch at yarm ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free stretch at yarm ?

could any one give me some info on this stretch including where it is i fancie a go at the pike as i`ve never had one yet i`ve tried on club waters on the wear and tyne but nothing

try BOLAM LAKE plenty of pike in there , its £4 a day ,

Comment

got this info for any one interested Free fishing is on the inner loop only!! (one mile upstream of the road bridge & a quarter mile down..to the landing) I usually park in Bridge Street near the computer shop. There is a walk way just opposite (true lovers walk way...or something like that!!!) It takes you to the waters edge.
      You can park in the sommerfields park!!!!!!!!! but only for two hours and then you get fined, so look out. There are some other parks near the landing, but wheel clamping is in operation!!!! Parking also in main street near the Ketton. Disc parking is restricted also............Some parking up near the chapel, further round from Bridge Street.

Comment

fish the back of the church but chuck over the other side to the old low water mark use a paternoster roach with the weight at the bottom with the paternoster roach about 2 foot above that so it wobbles in the flow with a float above that . I dont fish but that is the rig I have seen guys using down there and they have had pike to 28lb on that stretch.
        Jason
        give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

i was there 3 week\'s ago fishing for roach,a few diffrent places on the free stretch,not a bite,if no roach there probly no pike there too....
          but you never no

Comment

loads of pike on free stretch at yarm; my biggest 22.5lbs my 10 year old son biggest 17.5 ; try polaris float set up dead bait on bottom (killer)

Comment

Preston Park up towards Thornaby fishes ok for pike as well,I've seen them to 15lb out of there.Dead bait and lures.

Comment

Working...
              X