Fiish Black Minnow Glue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiish Black Minnow Glue?

Just bought some of these to try and it says in the instructions leaflet that the body should be glued to the head anyone know what sort of glue to use? I presume it would need to be something that will come off so I can change different bodies? Thanks.

Superglue, you change them when they are shredded.

Comment

Get them from moonfleet Mike? Heard a rumour you had been in there today

I have a couple of the minows but haven't glued them to the jighead. Not sure how necessary it is mate as they seem to be fairly sturdy as they are and if it was glued you might struggle to change the coloured bodys....
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Super glue, only change the body's when there no longer usable, repair body's with "mend-it"
        Additional bodies available from a lad I know on another forum, see below
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371139523.818100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1522098

Comment

Ahhh, so glue them on and only change it once it has been munched to bits? Guess once they are ruined you can just cut them away from the jighead. You ever used them Basoboy?

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
            Ahhh, so glue them on and only change it once it has been munched to bits? Guess once they are ruined you can just cut them away from the jighead. You ever used them Basoboy?
            Yes I've used them, they catch fish on there day just like any other lures, there weedless feature makes them more attractive to a lot of anglers.

Comment

cheers mate, lures to match the mark and conditions as always

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Thanks lads, I'll get some superglue then Bassboyo are those spare bodies as good as and cheaper than the Fiish ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderpants View Post
                  Thanks lads, I'll get some superglue then Bassboyo are those spare bodies as good as and cheaper than the Fiish ones?
                  IMO there just as good, price is about £7 for 5 I think

Comment

That sounds great. Can you PM me the details so I can get some? Cheers.

Comment

I got some superglue from B&Q but it did not work. I managed to glue my fingers to the jig heads and the jig heads to the bench but the bodies just would not stick to the jig heads. I also managed to rip one of the bodies in the process. I don't think I will be buying Black Minnows again, what a waste of money. You would think at that price they would do them ready glued. Mine are going to end up in the bin after never seeing the water.

Comment

Mike mate try pouring sea water over them just after youve added the glue and put em in place the salt water cures the superglue instantly believe it or not ive been using that trick for years to propagate corals by attaching the frags to rocks and the glue cures on contact with the salt water.

Comment

I found less is more when it comes to super glue, sounds like you used far to much, one or two small dots should be enough, had the same problem when I started tying flies ending up with 3d eyes stuck to my fingers

Comment

This could do the job Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by baxter1612 View Post
                              This could do the job Mike.
                              Yep , it's very good. I reckon pants of thunder has just got sausage fingers lol

Comment

Working...
                              X