Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braid / mono knots?

Hi lads,

best knots for tying braided line onto a mono rubbing leader?
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Funnily enough I was just about to post this as I've just bought some braid, will watch this post.

Comment

I always tie a figure of 8 loop on the end of my braid, and put a small clip on. Then I can just clip on my pre tied rub leaders.
      Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
      http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
      http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Phil, less of the answering questions and get my fish updated on the table

So literally using a length of mono like a body of a rig with the lure at the end? Got some braid to load up before this weeks trip out!

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
          Phil, less of the answering questions and get my fish updated on the table

So literally using a length of mono like a body of a rig with the lure at the end? Got some braid to load up before this weeks trip out!
          lol what did I miss. I'll have a look now,

Yeah that's more or less the idea, a lot of people use the Albright Knot but I always found using a clip or even a swivel was a lot stronger.
          Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
          http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
          http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
            lol what did I miss. I'll have a look now,

Yeah that's more or less the idea, a lot of people use the Albright Knot but I always found using a clip or even a swivel was a lot stronger.
            You missed my opening salvo in the lure challenge is what you missed lol

Yeah I have been playing about with the Albright knot but its a bit of a pain... think your loop and clip option sounds much better.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Reverse allbright or yucatan knot, for me. I would be careful if using a clip or ring especially if fishing at night or if your inclined to look at any passing totty, you could wind this in to the tip eye and wreck the insert.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassboyo View Post
                Reverse allbright or yucatan knot, for me. I would be careful if using a clip or ring especially if fishing at night or if your inclined to look at any passing totty, you could wind this in to the tip eye and wreck the insert.
                Just tried that reverse Albright knot and its seems spot on, thanks

Comment

albright all day remember plenty lube

Comment

passing totty? LOL.... this is the north east my friend

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
                      passing totty? LOL.... this is the north east my friend
                      Plenty eye candy down the harbour youngin

Comment

I like this GT knot, Easy to tie and very small.

The STRONGEST & SMALLEST braid to leader knot ever created. (POV detailed explaination.) - YouTube
                        http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...psedc90495.gif

Comment

Double uni knot all the time for me
                          or the GT knot
                          Last edited by Guest; 15-07-2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X