Lrf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lrf

Been fishing for about 5 or 6 weeks now and I've tried about 12 different marks and so far I've caught flounder, mackerel, and granny fish, using pater noster rigs, sliding ledger rigs, float, and feathers.

I really like the idea of LRF so bought a Rockfish UL a few weeks ago and I've tried it out with 3g heads and isome, about 5 or 6 times at different places along shields/marsden/whitburn but without success. I've also tried drop shot fishing a few times as well and tried spinners, but got nothing.

Has anyone else had any success with lrf or drop shot around here? (I'm getting a bit sick of watching YouTube videos where they get a fish every cast!)
    Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
    Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

I'm in the same boat. Tried quite a few times and apart from a 5" coalie, nothing. Just got to keep going at it.

Comment

Best luck I've had is using a 5g jig/
      Mini spinner had coalies pollock codling and mackerel on shields near the blocks

Got the mini spinners in moonfleet
      Species 2015 - Cod, Bass, Flounder, Dab, LS Sea Scorpion
      Species 2014 - Coalfish, Codling, Dab, Lobster, Weaver, LS Sea Scorpion, Flounder, Barracuda (Gran Canaria)
      Species 2013 - Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Coalfish, pollack, dab, eel, Mackeral, Launce, eel pout, blenny, LS Sea Scorpion, Butterfish, Thin Lipped Mullet, thick Lipped Mullet, Gilt Head Bream, Black Bream, Yet to be identified Mediterainian Wrasse, Bass

Comment

Yes mate, you just have to be patient and keep at it, it's not like lobbing out a bait and awaiting the fish to pick up the scent and find the bait. It's almost the opposite, you need to find the fish with the Lure and grab their attention that way. This often means fishing in locations where the fish are hiding away. Underwater structure, holes, ledges, reefs, rough ground, gullies etc you have to approach it a completely different way. As well as targeting species you wouldn't necessarily go after.You need to tempt the target out of their safe haven. Try a variety of retrieves from very subtle twitches with the lure deadstick to moderately fast retrieves and everything in between and always keep in direct contact so you can feel all the bumps etc. something as simple as just slowly raising the rod tip works really well. Three things to remember, you will get snagged, you will lose gear and you will blank a lot. But eventually you'll learn the terrain and the marks and success will follow. practice in rock pools at LW and down the side of Pier walls etc you'll soon start picking up fish. Keep the hooks small (Size 4 and under down to size 10 is a good range to be in) and lures small (less than 2" down to around 1/2") things like Power Isomes in small pieces will rarely fail once your in the right place.
        Regards
        Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Originally posted by over par View Post
          I'm in the same boat. Tried quite a few times and apart from a 5" coalie, nothing. Just got to keep going at it.
          Yeah will keep trying; had an hour to kill tonight so had a few chucks off the black path but blanked.

I really enjoy just going out with light gear, but it is a bit frustrating, really want to get one fish just so I know it works.

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckingball76 View Post
            Yes mate, you just have to be patient and keep at it......once your in the right place.
            Thanks for the advice, and encouragement!, I'll keep trying, especially in the good weather, at least I'm catching the sun!

I've been using 3g heads on size 6 hooks and with full isome (large pinks and XL browns). I'll have to try some smaller hooks, and less isome; I thought I'd need the full one on so it flutters about more.
            Last edited by andyco; 14-07-2013, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ar lan y mor View Post
              Best luck I've had is using a 5g jig/
              Mini spinner had coalies pollock codling and mackerel on shields near the blocks

Got the mini spinners in moonfleet
              Cheers, I'll have a look at those mini spinners.

Comment

Working...
              X