lfr help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lfr help

after a little try on st marys I went and got a rockfish L rod and a few jig heads-soft plastics from moonfleet and a few more from agm.can anyone put me on a different local mark ?.Tynemouth to blyth area.also want to try and get some flatties on this little set up,got some 2ich curly tail grubs that lad in moonfleet said flaties like and some 2 and 3.5 gr jig heads.the pic is what ive got now and ive ordered some 3inch curly tails and some split tail worms.any info on spots to try and way to fish would be great plus any plastics to buy
    cheers

I've found underwater structure to be the most productive. Mainly man made structures, Piers, Jetty's, Breakwaters. Get in amongst the rough stuff and fish static, with twitches or a very slow retrieve. You should start to feel every bump, it doesn't take long to start noticing the difference between a subtle bite and a bump or rasp across the rocks or pull of the weed. What I would suggest is that you invest in some small Weedless jig-heads, they dramatically reduce your tackle loss. I use Decoy violence jig heads and they are spot on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376078501.932375.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1522321
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Try drop shot mate , just google it , canny effective at times and ya only lose a small sinker or split shot
      I am a fisherman !
      It is not merely something that I do
      It is who I am !
      Fishing is not simply my escape.
      It is where I am supposed to be.
      It is not a place that I go
      But a lifelong journey that I am taking
      It is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show others.
      When you understand all of this you will then know me .
      And we will fish together

Comment

Originally posted by mardenq View Post
        can anyone put me on a different local mark ?.Tynemouth to blyth area.
        I can't give you specific marks, but I can say you have an abundance of marks all along that coastline. Honestly try any rock pools and crevices along that whole coast and you will be surprised what comes out from under sea weed and cracks, or as mentioned from under structures.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckingball76 View Post
          I've found underwater structure to be the most productive. Mainly man made structures, Piers, Jetty's, Breakwaters. Get in amongst the rough stuff and fish static, with twitches or a very slow retrieve. You should start to feel every bump, it doesn't take long to start noticing the difference between a subtle bite and a bump or rasp across the rocks or pull of the weed. What I would suggest is that you invest in some small Weedless jig-heads, they dramatically reduce your tackle loss. I use Decoy violence jig heads and they are spot on.

[ATTACH]8202[/ATTACH]
          hi mate,could you tell me what size hook to get for plastics 3 inch or so and did you buy yours local or online
          cheers

Comment

Alright mate

Dependant on the type, a lure of 3" could be used for LRF or its heavier brother HRF.

Just like bait fishing hook size should be balanced with bait /lure size and the hook size needs to be appropriate for the target species. The added complication you have with jig heads is the weight. The weight will affect the buoyancy & drop rate of the Lure as well as its ability to cast.

Below is a link to LRF sizes and weights on on average 2" lures and below

The size 6 and size 4 are the ones pictured in my hand above. I use these with lures upto 2" but they work with large Isomes also, bit like a head hooked worm.

Below is a link to HRF sizes and weights on average 2-3" lures and above

I would get a packet of size 4 and some 1/0 and gauge what you need or prefer after that.

Hope this helps.
            Regards
            Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckingball76 View Post
              Alright mate

Dependant on the type, a lure of 3" could be used for LRF or its heavier brother HRF.

Just like bait fishing hook size should be balanced with bait /lure size and the hook size needs to be appropriate for the target species. The added complication you have with jig heads is the weight. The weight will affect the buoyancy & drop rate of the Lure as well as its ability to cast.

Below is a link to LRF sizes and weights on on average 2" lures and below

Decoy Violence Jigheads SV38 | LRF (Light Rock Fishing) | Lrf Fishing

The size 6 and size 4 are the ones pictured in my hand above. I use these with lures upto 2" but they work with large Isomes also, bit like a head hooked worm.

Below is a link to HRF sizes and weights on average 2-3" lures and above

Decoy Violence Jigheads VJ36 | Wrasse Fishing / HRF | Wrasse Hrf Fishing

I would get a packet of size 4 and some 1/0 and gauge what you need or prefer after that.

Hope this helps.
              cheers for that much appreciated

Comment

Working...
              X