Lure of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lure of the year

Once again this year I've found that the trusty old 28g Zenith has been my most effective lure. I've managed to catch pretty much everything from launce to bass on them, and once again when everything else was failing the Zen would come to my rescue. I think there is a few reasons behind this, firstly Casting distance - as with most Metals you can cast them a long way and cover a lot of ground with them making it more likely to be spotted by a fish. Secondly Confidence - I truly believe if you have faith in a lure you will catch on it, and this is not as daft as it seems, if you have confidence in a lure you will inevitably fish with it more and the more time the lure is in the water the more chance it has of attracting a fish. And thirdly and maybe most importantly Fishing Style - Metal lures suit my fishing style a simple sink and draw technique maybe mix up the speed a bit and the lure works well.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread, What has been your most productive lure of the year?
    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

cheap silver bar type pay anywhere from a pound to 1-50 for em, im currently looking at getting a good stock of spinners tho and interested in the savage gear stuff real eels , sand eels with decent jig heads on em and the metal seeker , psycho sprat lures. just contemplating what to get at the moment

Comment

Komomo 2 , patchinco 2 , frosty and chase bw have been my most productive lures, and the 6 New lures I bought for this season have failed to catch a fish( lost 1 fish on 1 of them) but theres still time .

Comment

Yeah Zeniths are deadly in the daylight one of my main go to lures especially when distance required for Mackie, but they are useless in the dark. Lures of the year for me have been gulp sandeels, redgill evolutions and a duo tide minnow flyer hard lure. I've had lots of fish on all three daylight and darkness.

Comment

The zonk Maria chase and the patch in sun prat
          Pattern been my most productive lures
          This year .....

Comment

frosty for me and the good old silver toby, also the jfp
            Last edited by bassking; 24-09-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PAUL1971 View Post
              The zonk Maria chase and the patch in sun prat
              Pattern been my most productive lures
              This year .....
              Thought you might have given the dexter wiggle stick mention, it seemed to be the star of your catch reports, a couple of bass and pike taken on it
              Last edited by sammy talbot; 25-09-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

The best lure for me over the past 12 months has got to be the savagear real eel. It's landed pike to 16.11 and perch to 2.12.

Comment

Lure

I would say the black minnow

Comment

Originally posted by sammy talbot View Post
                    Thought you might have given the dexter wiggle stick mention, it seemed to be the star of your catch reports, a couple of bass and pike taken on it
                    forgot about the old faithful Sammy shame on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This has been my first real full season lure fishing and my tackle box is full of metal plastic and jellies but the lures I keep getting success with are the zeniths and metal pilkers have tried my best with plastics and jellies but must be doing something wrong so I have to say its a ZENITH

Comment

Easy peasy.... Zenith all the way as a go too lure that will catch anything!
                        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                        X