Lure Challenge 2014 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lure Challenge 2014 !

With the end of the year rapidly approaching im starting to think about next years lure challenge. We made a few changes this year, firstly to run the challenge all year rather than over British Summer Time as we had previous years, and secondly to include fresh water fish. So my first question is do we like the changes ? Personally I think the inclusion of the fresh water species was a good move but I preferred the "Build up" when the challenge wasn't all year.

Secondly what about next year? what, if anything would you like to see done differently next year ?
    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
    With the end of the year rapidly approaching im starting to think about next years lure challenge. We made a few changes this year, firstly to run the challenge all year rather than over British Summer Time as we had previous years, and secondly to include fresh water fish. So my first question is do we like the changes ? Personally I think the inclusion of the fresh water species was a good move but I preferred the "Build up" when the challenge wasn't all year.

Secondly what about next year? what, if anything would you like to see done differently next year ?
    Maybe have it from say april until september instead of a full 12 months and me personally i would like to see more pics with the fish actually hooked with the lure, Im not for a second insinuating any cheating went on especially when its just for fun, Im still unsure about freshwater being added simply because the site is north east sean angling so a lot of people who come on here dont own fresh water coarse tackle so have that slight disadvantage

Comment

hi, my vote is to run it for bst ... the enthusiasm level for me dropped pretty quick... havin said that i havent had much time this yr to fish much....freshwaters fine if more ppl wanna try for it . a lure rod is a lure rod after all in my opinion. (not to mention i snapped my lure rod this yr........
      Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
      Kompressor SS /slosh30
      tt sport /525 mag

Comment

also how bout putting a pound in . winner takes all in october...

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
        Kompressor SS /slosh30
        tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Lure Challenge 2014 !

I think it should be Spring, Summer and Autumn, so March till November. You cannot miss Autumn out in my humble opinion. To be honest starting in January I'd burnt myself out by the end of Summer! I'd usually have fished loads more during September, October and November than I have this year. I'll still have the odd pop out over the winter.

I think keeping Freshwater species is a good idea.

......and maybe have an international section cos I'm going to India and Mexico next year!!! PSML!

P.s I think a Lure in the pic is a must...... After all it's all about the Lures! Lol
          Regards
          Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

the lure in the mouth is a good rule having said that when having a go with isomes flatties can have em whole so thats the only issue...no foul hooking as well next year ? god forbid if we are grassed on to another forum .....

2014 combo:
            Kompressor SS /slosh30
            tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Cheers lads, i agree with with the lure n the photo but not necessarily in the fish, i wouldn't want people having to re-hook a fish that's spat the lure during netting

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Maybe it is a good idea to have international species but have it on a seperate table underneath the current one and make it a seperate fun challenge for people that fish on hols

Comment

Hi

I'm up for summer
                  I coach rugby september to end of aprill so winter fishing is very limited
                  also up for an international table
                  had some lovely gilt head bream on isome in Ibiza last week along with another 5-6 species yet to identify!
                  Species 2015 - Cod, Bass, Flounder, Dab, LS Sea Scorpion
                  Species 2014 - Coalfish, Codling, Dab, Lobster, Weaver, LS Sea Scorpion, Flounder, Barracuda (Gran Canaria)
                  Species 2013 - Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Coalfish, pollack, dab, eel, Mackeral, Launce, eel pout, blenny, LS Sea Scorpion, Butterfish, Thin Lipped Mullet, thick Lipped Mullet, Gilt Head Bream, Black Bream, Yet to be identified Mediterainian Wrasse, Bass

Comment

BST only for me mate.... I like the banter of the build up so don't like the idea of a it running for the year. Lure in the photo and only UK species... or more appropriatley only species caught in UK waters (thats would include fresh water also) .... that should allow for me to catch the odd sunfish or something to be photographed and counted
                    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

I would prefer sea fish only as including fresh water gives an unfair advantage to those who do that compared to those who don't. This is a sea fishing forum after all. A shorter comp is fine but it should include October as I do some of my best pollack fishing that month and it's also supposed to be a good month for bass even though I can't catch the buggers

Comment

Not running the full year seems like a popular choice so I think we'll revert back to BST next year. As for the fresh water element, I'm still not sure, I hadn't done any fresh water fishing since I was a bairn until last year, I got myself a rod licence (£27) and a couple of spinners for £2-3 quid each and away I went. The idea behind adding it in the first place was to encourage some of the fresh water lads to join in and maybe give the salt a try and vice versa. It certainly worked for me.

I don't think it could be removed on the grounds that it gives some people an advantage, if we did this would we have to then get rid of fishing from boats because some people don't go out on them?

Anyway like I said I'm still not sure I might just put it to the vote.

Popular lure Marks

Comment

I like the idea of including both. I mostly fish freshwater but last year I got the bug of the sea as well. It just gives you more fish to target and on a variation of waters.

Comment

Working...
                          X