Time to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start?

Well, two days of sunshine and already I'm thinking of getting my rubbers and braid out of the shed... Anyone else had a crack yet in the sea? I know a few are doing the fresh water thing at the moment. I'm guessing a period of calm weather and it may be worth havin a shot for the coalies etc which I'm sure wont be long away!
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

My thoughts exactly mate.....got that itch. The weather is starting to look favourable so I'm looking to get out at the earliest opportunity.
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Coalies at least normally move in decent numbers soon, a few sunny days and tally ho! :-) I'm sure Phil will spend all summer chasing perch etc again like last year haha.

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
        Coalies at least normally move in decent numbers soon, a few sunny days and tally ho! :-) I'm sure Phil will spend all summer chasing perch etc again like last year haha.
        lol not all summer fingers crossed i'll not be away with work and will be able to get out on an evening. That said Perch, Trout and Pike are all on my hit list again this year. If your looking to get out with lures fresh water wouldnt be a bad idea at the moment. If you've got your heart set on sal****er i'd try for flatties mate they should keep you entertained. Only 26 days left till the Lure Challenge
        Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
        http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
        http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Got a two week old daughter who is keeping me and the missus entertained at all times of the day and night mate! Looking to escape for a few hours of piece and quiet :-)

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
            lol not all summer fingers crossed i'll not be away with work and will be able to get out on an evening. That said Perch, Trout and Pike are all on my hit list again this year. If your looking to get out with lures fresh water wouldnt be a bad idea at the moment. If you've got your heart set on sal****er i'd try for flatties mate they should keep you entertained. Only 26 days left till the Lure Challenge
            Very difficult to catch in our area, I did mention before Herrington country park holds a few to a pound, maybe more now as it's been a while. I've had a few out there on a spinner. Get them feeding and competing first with a handful of maggots.
            Another option is if you have a boat I know a tasty water in the Lake District which fishes well in the summer.

Apart from this my perch catches have been luck through fishing for pike.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimk2 View Post
              Very difficult to catch in our area, I did mention before Herrington country park holds a few to a pound, maybe more now as it's been a while. I've had a few out there on a spinner. Get them feeding and competing first with a handful of maggots.
              Another option is if you have a boat I know a tasty water in the Lake District which fishes well in the summer.

Apart from this my perch catches have been luck through fishing for pike.
              Cheers Jim, I managed a few out a a canal in York last year.
              Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
              http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
              http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
                Got a two week old daughter who is keeping me and the missus entertained at all times of the day and night mate! Looking to escape for a few hours of piece and quiet :-)
                Congratulations mate welcome to the world of sleepless nights lol. Good practice for those all night lure sessions though

The sea temperature is still too cold for lures at the moment. Last time I checked (yesterday) the temp off Shields was only 6.7C I wouldn't bother until it's pushing 10 degrees the fish may be there but they can't be arsed to chase lures so best to stick with baits for now.

Comment

Yeah mate, I surf regularly and can tell you the water temp is defo about 7 degrees. Won't warm up much for another month or so either. Got my little sabikis ready and re-spooled some new braid :-) ready to rock and roll!!

Cheers mike, little tinker is gonna learn to fish this summer in one of those body harnesses.... Just don't tell the wife! LOL

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Ha ha nice one.

Comment

"I'll just take her out for a nice hour or two at the coast love, don't wait up.." Haha

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                      X