Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lure/float/spinning rod help

Alright lads.

I've got £100 to spend on a rod for the summer for float, spinning and lure fishing. Last year I used my yuki eggy multipla which I loved cos it was loads of fun and it would lash a 3oz lead out but I snapped it showing me mate how bendy it was.

What would you recommend? I'll be using my grauvell syntax 2000 reel with 20lb ultima braid.

Andy
    All the gear, no idea.

With you float fishing aswell with the same rod I would of chose something in the 9-10ft range then looked at capability of rod. 2 choices spring to mind and they are the ron Thompson tyran or a shimano. ....there is a shimano travel spin in the for sale section ;-);-)

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
      With you float fishing aswell with the same rod I would of chose something in the 9-10ft range then looked at capability of rod. 2 choices spring to mind and they are the ron Thompson tyran or a shimano. ....there is a shimano travel spin in the for sale section ;-);-)
      Thanks for the reply spongebob. I've had a look at that shimano rod. It looks very nice but it'll only cast 50g (1.7oz) so it wouldn't be strong enough for a 3oz lead when I'm on piers would it?
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

I use a salt flattie 1-3oz for float fishing and spinning when the heavier lead is needed bud.......................or you could just get another yuki and don't show people how bendy it is lol

Comment

Ha ha. I might do yet. I was just wanting to see what other options I had.
          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

I'm going to sound like a stuck record, but I use my savager bushwacker for spinning and float fishing, as well all plugging and fishing with jellies.
            Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
            http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
            http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
              I'm going to sound like a stuck record, but I use my savager bushwacker for spinning and float fishing, as well all plugging and fishing with jellies.
              Do ya mean savagear Phil? What's it like with a heavier weight? I'm wanting to try plugging and fishing with jellies this year. I bought some red gills and plugs last year but never used them.
              All the gear, no idea.

Comment

10-40g mate 8ft have a look hear. Not sure this is the best price I think I paid 59.99 for mine but that was a few years back

Your Basket
                Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Chisel bait n tackle have the full range of bushys advertised for £60 each, great rods for plugging and spinning but I prefer a longer rod for the float .

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                    You right mate... You do sound like a stuck record haha. nice rod though
                    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Savage gear also do 150g rods so they will have something to cover your needs

Comment

I have 2 x 10 2.75tc pike rods in the for sale section, fitted with fox stratos baitrunner reels and 50lb braid.

Comment

Working...
                        X