Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More help. Ha ha.

Alright everyone.

After me thread about rods the other day and a good think I've decided to go for a proper lure rod. But before I pick a rod I want to learn more about the weight of the lures. Here's a picture of all the lures I've got. Is this enough to get me started. Has anyone got any links I could look at. I don't even know how to fish with the jelly worms.

I don't want to keep starting threads on here asking daft questions I'd rather read up a bit if I can cos I know next to nothng.

I'm really looking forward to a different kind of fishing and will be putting catch reports up if I get the hang of it

Thanks a lot for any help.

Andy
    Last edited by Nooo Fish; 19-03-2014, 08:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to add photo.
    All the gear, no idea.

Yeah that should easily be enough to get you started but I would add a few more including a few dexter wedges & mepps spinners, Fish jellyworms on a texas style rig..have a look here
    How to Texas Rig a Soft Plastic Fishing Lure - YouTube
    Last edited by OuTkast76; 19-03-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Without doubt, the best spinner and one that you must have in your box is a zenith silver minnow!! I know philitofish will agree with me here. 28g, casts like a bullet, catches any fish I have ever cared to try and catch and will often outfish more expensive lures. You can buy online or at reelsport in hebburn or South Shields. Well worth £1.00 a spinner! You NEED to buy some, other than that your box looks canny!
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

The hard plastic lures you have should all weigh about 20 gms , if that's an original frosty it weighs 17gms, a high % of HP's on the market weigh between 12 and 28gms, a rod with a casting wieght of 10/40 gms would be well suited to them , allowing you to cast metals up to a ounce and a half
        Last edited by sammy talbot; 20-03-2014, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the input so far lads. I'm going to look for those zenith minnows today.

Outkast. When you are fishing with the jelly worms hooked like that would I just cast the worm by its self? I wouldn't have thought it would be heavy enough.
          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

No mate use a bullet lead just above the hook,protect the knot with a bead or you could use a carolina style rig with the bullet lead,bead and swivel then your trace to your hook and jelly

Comment

[ATTACH]9631[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by OuTkast76 View Post
                No mate use a bullet lead just above the hook,protect the knot with a bead or you could use a carolina style rig with the bullet lead,bead and swivel then your trace to your hook and jelly
                Good job you put that pic up mate cos your post went straight over my head lol. Thanks again.
                All the gear, no idea.

Comment

No problem mate

Comment

You will not go far wrong using zeniths or that style of lure m8 I used them all last summer and had some cracking sport casting 28g up to 40g is ideal they cast great and you can cover a lot of water just get them down deep then start working them you will have sum great fun m8 I can't wait to get back up to eyemouth for those red cod and lovely Pollack

Comment

A few things to remember mate, metal lures are normally fished quite fast. Let the lure sink then draw and retrieve, sink draw and retrieve. Soft plastis should be fished alot slower you can use the same sink and draw technique but slow more time for the lure to sink. Hard plastics are more trial and error, watch them in the water and put a few ticks into your retrieve, you'll soon see what makes them dart and turn the best.
                      Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                      http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                      http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by broon shoe View Post
                        You will not go far wrong using zeniths or that style of lure m8 I used them all last summer and had some cracking sport casting 28g up to 40g is ideal they cast great and you can cover a lot of water just get them down deep then start working them you will have sum great fun m8 I can't wait to get back up to eyemouth for those red cod and lovely Pollack
                        I had mackerel, launce, pollock, shad, coalfish, whiting and codling all the zenith last year without really targeting any specific species. They are not my fave looking lure but they are hellishly effective for almost anything on our coastline. Some of the sub surface lures can also be quite successful but not ht great from the piers etc. as outcast has mentioned rig those worms Texas style and the pollock love them. I find black with the fire red tail slightly better than the other colours no matter what the water clarity is

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Thanks again for all the help lads.

I've started looking at rods. Then I need to find out about leaders. Does anyone know much about these? I've got a rampage surf rod and that's really nice for bait fishing in the summer.

All the gear, no idea.

Comment

For that money mate savage gear bushwacker.... Or something like that, is the same price and has cracking reviews. Philitofish has one. Not heard anything about the one in your link.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Leaders?

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                              X