Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rod ordered!

Thanks everyone for the advice on the rods,

I think I'll end up getting a Bushwhacker at some point for heavier lures, but for now I've decided to get another rod for LRF (or more like HRF, as I wanted something to cast a bit heavier than the 0.5-7g Rockfish I had).

I considered getting the 7-28g Rockfish but I'm not really impressed at how long the UL lasted, so spent a good few hours today comparing rods on the internet, and after finding about 6 rods that fit the bill I've ordered one of these:

Daiwa Procaster 7ft 5-25g

(I've got way too many rods now! Someone stop me!)

Also ordered some 5g Berkley Rock Heads (anyone used these?)

Last edited by andyco; 14-04-2014, 12:47 AM.
    Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
    Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Andy I have a diawa procaster beach caster ... It's about 18yrs old and still in excellent condition. It's a light rod but can stick a 5oz lead a LONG way and make the lads with more expensive gear look very stupid lol. If the rod you have ordered is half as good you'll be laughing. Company has a good reputation so doubt you will have bought a bad rod. Best of luck with it
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Cheers mate, that's good to hear. It looks like it will be a good quality rod. Looking forward to getting a good bend on it with the mackerel and pollock!

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Champion mate. Nowt better then having a new rod to try out when it comes.
        All the gear, no idea.

Comment

good look with the new rod m8,
          am still stuck trying to find something as good as me old rod,

looking forward to your report's.

davey

Comment

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
            good look with the new rod m8,

am still stuck trying to find something as good as me old rod,

looking forward to your report's.

davey

Bamboo stick with washing line on Davey can't fail and save your cash mate
            KOMPRESSOR SPORT
            PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
            PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
            OKUMA TRIO 55
            YUKI RUBYMAR
            RON THOMPSON TYRON
            SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

thought you were buying me 1 mick m8,

can't wait 2 get out, the surgeon recon's 3 month's, but it feel's better already.

is the mackerel in yet.....!

Comment

Good choice Andy, you can't go too far wrong with diawa kit.

I've used those Berkely jigs with some berkley bass shads but I found the enamel removed its self once they'd been bashed off a rock or two. No biggy like! I stick to plain, weedless jigs now because it's far cheeper (i don't loose anywhere as much tackle) in the long run especially when you're fishing deep for the pollock. Favourite ones at the minute are Decoy Violence jigs.

Cheers
                Nat
                http://www.slippylimpets.uk/

Comment

Nice choice Andy, Ive just ordered a savage gear butch light xlnt lure rod hope it comes before friday

Comment

Cheers, the rod came today, looks good, looking forward to trying it out at the weekend sometime.

You fishing the seaham open chris.
                    Last edited by andyco; 15-04-2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

When is it?

Comment

Originally posted by OuTkast76 View Post
                        When is it?
                        Friday, i don't think ill be out on Friday, but I thought that's why you were hoping for your new rod:

Comment

Ready to rock, with the shimano alivio 1000

Comment

No im off to the isle of whithorn friday morning until monday

Comment

Originally posted by OuTkast76 View Post
                              No im off to the isle of whithorn friday morning until monday
                              Me and my mate are staying in Galloway this weekend. We're thinking about fishing the isle of Whithorn. What's it like up there this time of year? I'm only taking my lures and float gear up.
                              All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X