Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft plastic lures

Morning.

Would some of you be able to suggest some soft lures for me to try. All I've got at the minute is some cheap jelly worms that I've been fishing on a Texas rig.

I just want a few so I've got some different options to try.

Cheers.
    All the gear, no idea.

Hi bud if you look at a previous post of mine you will see a pic of some of the gear I got. Try a grass minnow m8 get few sizes. Also try a stick worm (think that's right) for wacky worm drop shot rigs tiki stick, twin tail the new eddystone eels sml and weighted, savage gear darting eel drop shot or jig head.all the above also come in dif colour variations. ...although I think this is for our benefit not the fish lol. Oh and don't forget to take a few packets of power isome , must admit they work canny well especially if water clarity isn't to good hope that helps matey

Comment

Forgot to add....... if you have a look at the new lrf gear from daiwa gekkabijin I think it's called they have some good stuff in aswell. I got a couple of lead head style lures from them to try they look the part

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
        Morning.

I just want a few so I've got some different options to try.

Cheers.
        Have a look here
        Soft Plastic Lures

Comment

I tried a few different types of worms/jellys last year, but had all my success (Pollock, Grannys, Blennys, Coley) on Isome.
          I will be trying other things again, but will always have a stock of Isome. I also had Pollock, Mackerel and Coley on little 6gram metal spinners.
          Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
          Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
          Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Berkley firetails

Comment

Originally posted by andyco View Post
              I tried a few different types of worms/jellys last year, but had all my success (Pollock, Grannys, Blennys, Coley) on Isome.
              I will be trying other things again, but will always have a stock of Isome. I also had Pollock, Mackerel and Coley on little 6gram metal spinners.
              I use 10g wedge spinners on me hto. When them pollock and macky hit, ya know about it lol

Comment

I think you might have opened a can of worms here! (sorry couldn't resist)

Savage Gear Sand eels, body only, mounted on your berkley jig heads are great in the north east, as are Lunker City Slug-Go, Megabass X-slayer (expensive though), Awal weighted sand eels, isomes- the list goes on!

My most successful soft plastic from last year was the Mega Bass Hazendong (dark colours)which are a blenny/goby imitation and are scented with Cinnamon. I had mackerel pollock, coley and codling all on the Hazendongs

Most things work when you fish them with confidence.
                http://www.slippylimpets.uk/

Comment

Thanks for the replies lads. I'm gonna get a few different things in over the next week or 2. I fancy some sand eel type ones to go with the worms I've got.

I tried putting a hook through a few red gills I've got last week and they are too hard to push the hooks through to rig them weedless. I think I knacked them all bar 2 m
                  All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Check these out..I have a pack pre ordered

Comment

Originally posted by OuTkast76 View Post
                      Check these out..I have a pack pre ordered
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMYK1RzBFzU
                      They look quality mate. Are they weighted?
                      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Yea the jig head is 20g and you get a spare body in the pack
                        Fiiish Crazy Sand Eel 150mm Bass Lure Combo Pack!!! | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by OuTkast76 View Post
                          Yea the jig head is 20g and you get a spare body in the pack
                          Fiiish Crazy Sand Eel 150mm Bass Lure Combo Pack!!! | eBay
                          I've found them mate. The action in the video looks spot on. Will you only catch big fish on them or would fish around the 1lb mark take them as well?
                          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
                            I've found them mate. The action in the video looks spot on. Will you only catch big fish on them or would fish around the 1lb mark take them as well?
                            I would imagine any predatory fish will have a go at them regardless of the size so i dont see why not mate
                            Just bought myself a set of these too
                            Last edited by OuTkast76; 17-04-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X