St abbs surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St abbs surfing

Alright lads took a trip up st abbs yesterday with the hope of a few for me species list. Took a look at my favourite mark and gutted. ......... totally wash out massive swell and white foam everywhere, later got told by local this was because of the large tide and the slight breeze??!. I even trekked and scaled down the steep hill/cliff to try a mark I had my eye on for a few years. That was swamped with foam spray aswell so called it quits here and headed for St abbs harbour for my lrf fun . Got down to harbour and swell was still quite bad at the entrance so stayed right back in the corner where I was out the wind and warm with the sun . Looked like the water was of better clarity here and to my surprise it was swamped with eels!!!!, not long now till the mackys in!. For the next hour or so I was pulling out coalie after coalie biggest bout 10" great fun on me lrf . A 1.5g jig head with either a shirasu pearlescent or a pale yellow twin tail grub first time power isome wouldn't work? ?!! Couple of pics, of the day Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397904732971.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1530836
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397904769601.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1530837

Cheers for reading

Well done on getting some fish out of that swell!

Where abouts was your new mark? I've spent days scaling the cliffs and fishing new marks. None seem to be as successful as the "usual" mark though ;-)
    http://www.slippylimpets.uk/

Comment

Cheers nat the mark in question is bout 10 min walk from usual mark just enough room for 2 , aside an entrance........ you might of already been lol not say much more on open forum tho as a not feeling guilty over someone takin early bath lol

Comment

Forgot to add as I walked into abbs harbour I noticed a film crew and a man in a wet suit I could of sworn it was one of the hairy bikers. I went and asked a local lad if this was who I thought it was and he started to laugh. ...... na man its the man who owns the marine/divers shop oooer the back but nuuuu ye said it a ken wut ye mean lol . I just laughed and went fishing

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
          Cheers nat the mark in question is bout 10 min walk from usual mark just enough room for 2 , aside an entrance........ you might of already been lol not say much more on open forum tho as a not feeling guilty over someone takin early bath lol
          Think i know where you mean, it's just round the next corner I know exactly what you mean about the early bath. 15 years of rock and ice climbing i've got has finally come to some use lol
          http://www.slippylimpets.uk/

Comment

Nice wee report Bob and a couple of lovely pics.
            2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Looks like you had a really canny day Gary. Worth the trip just for the scenery m8.

Comment

good day out m8, and a couple of fish for your effort's

well done

Comment

Working...
                X