Off chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off chance

Tried bass fishing and have had no sucsess so was just going to stick to lrf so was seeing if any lads wanted to swap some lrf tackle for some plugs still brand new in the box only one used out off 12 cheers in advance

You have had no luck with the bass because they havnt turned up yet . If your going to try for them bait would be the best option at the moment , the sea temperatures are still low, once the temps hit 10 / 11 c they will start to turn up and become more active,

Comment

I think it's still a bit early for bass on lures mate. Stick with it for a few month till it warms up properly.

I'm new to all this as well. All I've had so far is a small codling on a jelly worm.
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

I fort because I was fishing a hot water pipe they would be there all year round

Comment

Many moons ago i used to fish the hot water outlet at blyth and the only thing i could get a take on was float fished ragworm and i use to really try all different ways , there was also mullet there that you could actually see but you couldnt hook up with 1 for love nor money .

Comment

Originally posted by penn525magextra View Post
            I fort because I was fishing a hot water pipe they would be there all year round
            They push off to spawn and even the schoolys go thin on the ground,

Comment

Cheers lads think all try the float see what happened a

Comment

Originally posted by happydays View Post
                Many moons ago i used to fish the hot water outlet at blyth and the only thing i could get a take on was float fished ragworm and i use to really try all different ways , there was also mullet there that you could actually see but you couldnt hook up with 1 for love nor money .

I caught about 40 there in 2 hours once on an abu coaster spinner. It was a mental session, fish a cast, none above about 2lb though. Must have been about 18 years ago now though because it was when i first passed my driving test and started trying new marks.

Comment

sounds like a cracking session m8 , yea it was mad trying to get on as if you didnt wade on you didnt get a spot and if i remember rightly it had about 6 big concrete posts in front and you had to get over them or if you were skinny through them , you caught them spot on then that day ,can you remember looking down and seeing the big mullet ?

Comment

sounds like a cracking session m8 , yea it was mad trying to get on as if you didnt wade on you didnt get a spot and if i remember rightly it had about 6 big concrete posts in front and you had to get over them or if you were skinny through them , you caught them spot on then that day ,can you remember looking down and seeing the big mullet ?
                    You could see big mullet and some bigger bass, impossible to catch them though unless out were the kind of numpty who enjoyed dragging a massive treble hook up and down. I fished the spot a few times over the years as that was the only day I actually had a good bit sport.

Comment

Try a bash up at Torness but keep yourself to yourself as heard some stories about up that way as of late

Comment

cambois pipe, they were the day's,

many a good bag of bass from there....

long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
                          Try a bash up at Torness but keep yourself to yourself as heard some stories about up that way as of late
                          Locals don't like 'outsiders' lol
                          "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                          PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
                            Been going up on and of for the best part of 15 year and never had any trouble ,

Comment

I know a lad who had his tyres slashed... But that may have been done in Sunderland when he got back lol
                              "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                              PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                              X