Do they even exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they even exist?

I've been buying really low diameter line for LRF lately and would you believe it but the spools line slot don't even hold the line so it ends up knotting in the bag.

I've often wondered if they sell line dispensers like Plano's line dispenser only singular for pocket use. Better yet a small spooled belt clip that keeps tension on the line while you feed it out.

Anyone found anything?

Decided to make a print one out in 3D instead... probably carabiner held with a custom spool for ease of sizing.... wish me luck lol
    Last edited by SnaggedUpLad; 28-04-2014, 08:29 PM.
    Species: Cod, Bass, Coalie, Flounder, Dab, Rockling, Mackerel, Plaice, Pollock, Ballen Wrasse, L/S Scorpion, Common Blenny, Weaver (unfortunately), Whiting, Common Eel, Trout, Pike... think that's it

Printing this quick prototype up to see.

Species: Cod, Bass, Coalie, Flounder, Dab, Rockling, Mackerel, Plaice, Pollock, Ballen Wrasse, L/S Scorpion, Common Blenny, Weaver (unfortunately), Whiting, Common Eel, Trout, Pike... think that's it

Comment

non-metal hair bobble, jobs a good un
      Trust your Uncle!

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle_Filthster View Post
        non-metal hair bobble, jobs a good un
        I agree but it is a little annoying how they don't even check there spools to the diameter of there line....

Comment

Im not sure about the piano wire thing but i use an elastic band lol
          Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
          http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
          http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

FISHING GADGETS -- the latest gadgets and gizmos for fly fishers
            C&F DESIGN | Accessories | Dispenser
            fishingbuddy.com.sg :: Jigging Master 3-Tier Leader Line Dispenser

Theres a few for you, but these ones look the best to me

Aug 4, 2012 - Here are the best hunting, fishing and camping tips from readers like you.
            Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
            http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
            http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Unfortunately its still already in production but that pintrest one looks like the perfect design for me... hopefully the one I printed with a spare spool will work just as well... if not £2 of heatshrink and elastic with a bead will be the next option... i looked for ages before making one too..

Comment

Just a quick update on my line holder design.

Seems to work a treat so far...

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                  Im not sure about the piano wire thing but i use an elastic band lol
                  Technology at its best lol
                  "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                  PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by SnaggedUpLad View Post
                    Just a quick update on my line holder design.

Seems to work a treat so far...

Should make them to sell mate

Comment

Originally posted by rt6693 View Post
                      Should make them to sell mate
                      they're too expensive to produce small scale. these would of cost me £18 if I didnt have a credited account with the printers.

Comment

Ah shame really, seem handy little things!

Comment

Originally posted by rt6693 View Post
                          Ah shame really, seem handy little things!
                          Yeah it definitely is for the size of it and even though it looks a little flimsy its a really resilient material.

Comment

Working...
                          X