Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shields to Whitburn

Morning lads.

After a crap session on the ratty yesterday with the big rods. (One manky dab in 5 hours) I'm wanting to get the bushwhacker out and have some fun.

Would sheilds to Whitburn be worth a go yet? I tried a few weeks ago but didn't get anything. I don't know if it's worth a to over low tide. I'm not bothered about how big the fish are. They are all fun on the little rod.

I suppose if I try and fail at least I'll have had some fresh air and a bit excersize.
    All the gear, no idea.

I dropped a Coley of last week down the Leas mate
    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Cheers Phil mate. I'm itching to get a few fish on the bendy rod.
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Yeah the leas are defo worth a **** in the summer mate, plenty coalies and pollock about, nowt big though. As you've said, lovely place to fish and nearly always really quiet. Still a good shout at a fish now as its normally far enough away from all the poop coloured water spilling out of he river mouths.
        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
          Yeah the leas are defo worth a **** in the summer mate, plenty coalies and pollock about, nowt big though. As you've said, lovely place to fish and nearly always really quiet. Still a good shout at a fish now as its normally far enough away from all the poop coloured water spilling out of he river mouths.
          Why has it blanked that word out? It's only said shout haha

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Thanks for the replies lads. I don't even know where the leas is. Is it a mark or what?

I went down about past marsden at 4 o clock. It didn't look good. The was a decent swell on and the water was dirty. Had a couple of chucks lost a spinner. Couldn't cast nowt light cos of the side wind so I went home to me bottle of rum.

I wish the summer would hurry up.
            All the gear, no idea.

Comment

The leas is the are between the south end of shields beach and Whitburn. The rock edges and large grasses areas where the GNR finishes. Loads of marks along that way mate... If you have a look at philitofishs post, he has a link on his signature to where the marks are.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Ah right. I thought it was a mark lol. I fish there a fair bit. Didn't know what the area was called though.

I've used phils maps loads of time. It's a crackin thing he's done with them.
                All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Working...
                X