Bad conditions at Fuerteventura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad conditions at Fuerteventura

I planned on two weeks of fishing but after a few days the sea was rough with big swells making spinning for tuna and cuda impossible and bait fishing on the rocky bottom was difficult as well. I therefore only managed a few gilthead bream and moray eel plus a few small golden grey mullet before heading to the more sheltered area for some LRF. Even then I was only able to catch a few species. Normally you bag up on bream but not this time in that rough sea. A waste of time and money really but that's how it goes sometimes. I went to hawaii a few years ago when they were having the worst weather in sixty years, the boats weren't able to go out and the risk of landslides made boar hunting too unsafe. I've never had much luck.
    Species 2012.
    Uk. Codling,whiting,

Lanzarote. Scorpionfish,damselfish,red grouper,dusky grouper,red bream,white bream,red snapper,vermillion snapper,ornate wrasse,

[URL=http://s240.
    Species 2012.
    Uk. Codling,whiting,

Lanzarote. Scorpionfish,damselfish,red grouper,dusky grouper,red bream,white bream,red snapper,vermillion snapper,ornate wrasse,

Comment

Yeah yeah... I've been at work and you've been on holiday... My heart bleeds! Lol
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Species 2012.
        Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

Species 2012.
          Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
            Yeah yeah... I've been at work and you've been on holiday... My heart bleeds! Lol
            I wish I'd been at work, I felt like throwing myself off the bloody cliff lol.
            Species 2012.
            Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

Beautiful wee fish
              Trust your Uncle!

Lee

Comment

A tuna, cuda or shark would have looked better lol.
                Species 2012.
                Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

I did have a few nights on the shore catching a few fish, these gilthead bream can give a bit of a scrap.
                  Species 2012.
                  Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

cracking picture's m8,

when in lanzarote have you ever fished costa tequize,

am really thinking about it, if the fishing's no good, me m8's got 2 bar's there so not a complete wasted trip....!

Comment

Well done..Do you need a shore licence to fish there?

Comment

Nice fish mate, some right bonnie looking species
                        Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                        http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                        http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Cheers lads,
                          I've fished costa tequise on three holidays, only last year did I do ok. I'm no expert but this has been my experience. There are a few man made rock walls that give the beaches shelter. There's one which drops down into a big sort of hollow at the end where it's quite comfortable to fish from. It's real rocky so at anything over than low tide on a calm sea it's a nightmare if ledgering.
                          Using isome on jigs I've had a load of wrasse, blennies and damselfish plus the inevitable scorpionfish.
                          On small hook sabiki rigs I've had those species plus salema, bouge, white and red bream and a few little pufferfish. I've also had most of them species using a float rig.
                          At the next rock wall thingy I've lost less tackle and one side is much calmer but I didn't catch much only a couple of red bream but there must be fish there. Now I haven't fished bigger hooks and baits in Lanzarote but there must be morays etc etc.
                          On the last two nights I fished the harbour for a couple of hours catching a little red cardinal and a few small smoothhounds. If I go back to costa tequise I'll want to try for bigger species day and night that's for sure. It's a lovely place it really is. Your supposed to get a license to fish any Spanish Coast but it's not as easy as over here and I've never bothered, I don't think anybody does. Your not supposed to fish harbours but in Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and gram canaria I've had loads of police walk or drive past and have never been questioned. I guess its a risk though.
                          The two boats I've been out on are ok and I've had tuna and seen marlin landed, barracuda eye but that's the luck of the draw because they only had a couple of big game rods out between twenty or more people. Last time I took my own boat rod and rigs and caught about fifteen species including some nice sized lizardfish , pandora, snapper and bream.
                          Species 2012.
                          Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

Ive fished spanish waters without a licence but been told they are clamping right down!! so unsure whether or no to take my gear to costa del sol or not

Comment

I've heard about them going to clamp down for years but I can't see it happening. They make money from tourists who if hassled might not go to Spain again. I would happily pay for the three year license but from what I can gather it's not the easy process it should be. I don't see why it can't be ordered online before us Brits head out there.
                              Species 2012.
                              Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

Working...
                              X