Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will it start.

Morning lads.

After another day spent chucking all sorts of lures in the water and getting nothing I'm starting to feel like I'm wasting my time at the minute.

Should I give it a few weeks before I have another go? I've tried off the piers and loads of marks along marsden and Whitburn. I haven't had a fish on me bushy since the first time I took it out and it's starting to eat at me. I'm sitting in the house thinking about going out again every time the sun gets out.

Maybe I need a drive up to st abbs until the fishing improves locally.
    All the gear, no idea.

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
    Morning lads.

After another day spent chucking all sorts of lures in the water and getting nothing I'm starting to feel like I'm wasting my time at the minute.

Should I give it a few weeks before I have another go? I've tried off the piers and loads of marks along marsden and Whitburn. I haven't had a fish on me bushy since the first time I took it out and it's starting to eat at me. I'm sitting in the house thinking about going out again every time the sun gets out.

Maybe I need a drive up to st abbs until the fishing improves locally.
    St Abbs will be worth a try mate, if you don't want to travel so far Bedenell or Dunstinbrough castle could be worth a try. I was out on the kayak last week and the water temperature was upto 10 degrees so its looking good. Personally I'll be sticking to the kayak for the next few weeks untill I go to the mull after that the local marks should be fishing from the shore.
    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

I've had nothing up to now either mate. Hopefully a couple more weeks eh.
      Personal best codling - 7lb 1oz.

Comment

try eyemouth "have had plenty cod and colies

Comment

Small coalies and pollock off shields pier on sabiki rigs mate
          "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
          PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Thanks lads. I think I'll stick to bait fishing for a few more weeks unless I get away somewhere. I just want some good sport on the little rod that's all.
            All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Just wait for a couple of settled days then try again. I've had coalies and Pollock on spinners. Tried for bass the other day and had one smash my lure at my feet. They are there, not long hopefully for a decent calm spell. (not this week judging by the forecast!)

Comment

Plenty coalies up Eyemouth taking spinners pretty much everywhere

Comment

They've got to be in soon. I'm going up the beacons this morning but can't decide weather to fish 2 big rods or take me bushy and one big rod.
                  All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Working...
                  X