Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The beacons

Alright lads.

Does anyone fish the beacons over the summer. It's pretty deep water so I thought it might be worth a go. I tried a couple of weeks ago but I think the water was far too dirty. There was a canny roll on and I was catching g small coleys and cod on bait.

Cheers for any help. I'm just trying to find different places to try not too far away. I've had no luck on the piers.
    All the gear, no idea.

the pipe at whitley bay is good for spinning and lure fishing,pollock,macky,coalys,cod, wrasse,and odd bass and plaice in the summer. davy.
    PB
    COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
    COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
    Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
    Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
    Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
    Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
    Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Thanks for that davey mate. I'll put it on my list to try.
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
        Alright lads.

Does anyone fish the beacons over the summer. It's pretty deep water so I thought it might be worth a go. I tried a couple of weeks ago but I think the water was far too dirty. There was a canny roll on and I was catching g small coleys and cod on bait.

Cheers for any help. I'm just trying to find different places to try not too far away. I've had no luck on the piers.
        haven't fished it for about 4 years I remember getting Coley and mackerel
        Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
        http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
        http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Cheers Phil. I'll give it another go one the mackerel are in properly.
          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Can be decent for a quiet mackeral session, it beats standing in the crowds anyway.
            Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

That's the plan mate. Not fussed what I catch just want to have some fun in peace.
              All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Cullernose point

CULLERNOSE POINT up to craster is good if you fancy a drive good for Mackerel cod flatfish even the odd dog fish nice place to

Comment

Working...
                X