Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St abbs info

Morning lads.

I'm thinking about a run up st abbs on Saturday but haven't got a clue about the place. When is it best to fish there. From what I've read it fishes best when the sea is flat but what part of the tide? Or can I fish it all the way though?

I was hoping to spend most of the day there with it being a canny drive.
    All the gear, no idea.

best on a warm summers day flat calm water clear,with it been deep water fishs any state of the tide the weather looks unkind this w/e with northerleys predicted. davy.
    PB
    COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
    COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
    Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
    Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
    Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
    Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
    Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Cheers David. Looks like that's out the window this week. I'll have to find somewhere else.
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

As Davy said the flatter the better and the sea state does not look promising for the weekend. Also if there is any rain or drizzle most marks are too dangerous to even attempt!

There is a Surf Shop at Coldingham (St Vedas) that has a web cam to check the surf online. If I was you (and any other NESA member) I would check that before making the drive.

When I fished it on Friday there was a bit of a roll on so less fish around than when it was flat calm on Saturday. You can see that in the catch reports from the weekend.

Stunningly beautiful area and great fishing when conditions right. Good luck if you make the trip.

Jon

Comment

fishermans paridise when the conditions are right with fish right through the tide,still maintain there is a british Pollock record to be had in the 80s and 90s when me and bill targeted Pollock we managed to land fis h up to nearly 12lb and were smashed by some monsters one was going up and down the crocodile gully looked around 15 or 16lb before it headed for the bottom and smashed me,anyone who is fit enough and can reach the marks at the bottom of the cliffs will not be disappointed. davy.
          PB
          COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
          COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
          Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
          Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
          Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
          Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
          Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

one thing is to take extra care on the rocks if it rains they get very very slippy as for marks they are a few some easy than others!!!!! as you park in the first car park down from the lighthouse look northwards the rock down in front is the north scarr you go back up the road threw the stile and follow the field up until you come to the said rock you will see were people scale down the cliff!!! take care back in car park looking straight down is the divers platform this is easier to get on you will see a small ledge that you can scale around to get to the front if you go up the road next to lighthouse and park up walk south towards st abbs village you will see bird island you can get down on to this when you reach the bottom of the path you have a riven to jump about 2-3 feet but remember it is a bird reserve back up at the car park if you go north slightly you can get down the very steep bank cliff on to alcaraz!!!!!!! these marks should not be fished alone if you have not been on them before a good rope is handy TAKE CARE

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info lads. I had a run up yesterday but nowt on the lures. What a lovely place it is. Can't wait to go up again.
              All the gear, no idea.

Comment

It's unreal mate isn't it, me and my bro went up there last weekend for the first time. We didnt get much either but neither of us can stop thinking about the place, with any luck ill have had the chance to read stores book before we go back but were already thinking about going up next weekend! Where abouts did you fish?

Comment

Working...
                X