Worst lure fishing buy 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst lure fishing buy 2014

Has to be my scierra wading boots, heavy, rubbish studs, disintegrating after half a season and they never seem to dry.

Sunline castaway 45£ for a 150 yards in this country , pleased I didn't pay full price, lost all integrity within a couple of months but luckily I realized before I lost some lures, or more importantly some fish

Comment

Sunline braid was my worst purchase as well but I replaced it, near the end of the season, with Duel Hardcore x8 which is thinner, more supple, stronger and a bit cheaper than the sunline I had on. Highly recommend it.
      http://www.slippylimpets.uk/

Comment

Actually I'd change my original post to say yeah sunline braid was my worst. Cost me 3 high end lures in one session plus the cost of the braid.

Comment

I think my mate had problems with his duel x8 fraying ,don't know if it was faulty line , chipped eye or faulty line roller ,

Comment

I think i'm spotting a trend here about sunline
            Thanks for the heads up Sammy. My line has had some hammer from the shore and yak but i've not noticed any wear yet, I'll keep an eye out.
            http://www.slippylimpets.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by sammy talbot View Post
              I think my mate had problems with his duel x8 fraying ,don't know if it was faulty line , chipped eye or faulty line roller ,
              Aye that stuff is crap too

Comment

Originally posted by natonthetyne View Post
                I think i'm spotting a trend here about sunline
                Thanks for the heads up Sammy. My line has had some hammer from the shore and yak but i've not noticed any wear yet, I'll keep an eye out.
                Check out the ygk gsoul x8 upgrade, a lad I fish with started using it it seems prity good stuff so much so 4 of us are now using it , and the breaking strains are high than other braids with the same pe rating.

Comment

Stick to Power Pro lads it won't let you down
                  Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                  http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                  http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                    Used it when I first got into lure fishing, never had a problem with it but it's just too thick.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                      Power pro is great when when your using heavier spinners and lures but once you start refining your lure tackle using lighter rods smaller reels and lighter lures you need to start looking at at refining your braid as well , buy using a thinner diameter you can maintain good distance on your cast , some people will opt for a lighter breaking strain in a braid they trust but sacrifice strength but with some of the modern Japanese 8 strand braids you can have the strength and low diameter and it is a lot smoother to cast and use compared to the 4 strand braids

Comment

Zeniths of me

Comment

Really? Zeniths always out fish most of my gear. It's never my first lure at a venue but if all else fails, Zen it!
                          Species: Cod, Bass, Coalie, Flounder, Dab, Rockling, Mackerel, Plaice, Pollock, Ballen Wrasse, L/S Scorpion, Common Blenny, Weaver (unfortunately), Whiting, Common Eel, Trout, Pike... think that's it

Comment

Working...
                          X