Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricey bass plugs

Alright everyone.

I'm getting my gear together for the summer (can't wait) and I've been looking at plugs like the megabass zonk Gataride, IMA Komomo.

Are they worth the money over the cheaper ones I've got already or should I find the fish first.
    All the gear, no idea.

Worth every penny 👍

Comment

You should find the fish first , start reading learning about the fish and there habbits , the ground they feed over and start reading about water craft , it will all help you . It wouldn't harm having a couple of the more expensive , better quality, proven fish catchers,

Comment

Originally posted by sammy talbot View Post
        You should find the fish first , start reading learning about the fish and there habbits , the ground they feed over and start reading about water craft , it will all help you . It wouldn't harm having a couple of the more expensive , better quality, proven fish catchers,
        I've been looking into it for ages mate. I'm not expecting to chuck a lure anywhere and catch. Just want to give myself the best chance i can.

Thanks.
        All the gear, no idea.

Comment

The Maria Chase bw is a good lure to start with, silver Holo is the best colour but I think they have discontinued that colour, but you might get lucky and find one. The komomo is worth having in your box as well

Comment

If you fancy some of the Komomo II's, PM me. I went a tad overboard in last winters sales, so have a few 'swaps' BNIB. NOT the JFP before anyone asks!

Comment

you will need a babyp and frosty aswell

Comment

If over par has a spare chameleon flashing plate komomoII then go for that one. That thing catches fish anywhere and is particularly good over very shallow ground.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and pms lads. Theres far too many plugs to choose from for a beginner.

Had another poor session with the bait off the rocks yesterday so I want to start with the lures asap.

I caught my first coley of the year though. I didn't think they came in till it warmed up.
                  Last edited by Nooo Fish; 31-01-2015, 08:56 AM.
                  All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Try soft plastics, lie Senkos, Sluggos etc. much cheaper than the hard bodied expensive Japanese plugs and work just as well, look at Henry Gilbeys blog for more information: Henry Gilbey - Blog
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
                      Alright everyone.

I'm getting my gear together for the summer (can't wait) and I've been looking at plugs like the megabass zonk Gataride, IMA Komomo.

Are they worth the money over the cheaper ones I've got already or should I find the fish first.
                      Buy cheap lures and you will end up spending more in the long run because they don't last ,buy a half a dozen proven lures which catch in the areas your going fish and learn how to use them,

Comment

Has anyone had anything decent in north east on lures?

Comment

Originally posted by Philthebag View Post
                          Five and half has been my best local bass but there has got to bigger around its putting the time in to find them

Comment

Originally posted by Philthebag View Post
                            There has been quite a few good catches on lures around the north east..The best I have had is a 3lb sea trout but the better catches seem to come from st abbs and eyemouth

Comment

I've had plenty mate, bass, wrasse, pollock, cod, Coley, mackerel to name a few
                              Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                              http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                              http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Working...
                              X