Braid for bassing - HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braid for bassing - HELP

After best part of 6 months out with a dodgy shoulder, I'm putting together my kit for next year (it's the only thing keeping me sane). I pressed the button on some patch 100 & shiner lures this afternoon. I've a reel to do the job, but I'm struggling with buying braid.

My rods got a braid rating of 0.8~2.0p.e. but what does that relate to in pounds?

Also any recomendations? I've used spiderwire in the past, but is there anything better on the market these days?

Originally posted by over par View Post
    After best part of 6 months out with a dodgy shoulder, I'm putting together my kit for next year (it's the only thing keeping me sane). I pressed the button on some patch 100 & shiner lures this afternoon. I've a reel to do the job, but I'm struggling with buying braid.

My rods got a braid rating of 0.8~2.0p.e. but what does that relate to in pounds?

Also any recomendations? I've used spiderwire in the past, but is there anything better on the market these days?
    The concensus is that it`s (PE number) x 10lbs. So as a general rule, 0.8pe would be 8lbs, 2pe would be 20lbs roughly. Obviously the actual strength will vary by manufacturer, so that`s only a (very)rough guide.
    MH Custom Lures

http://www.facebook.com/MarkHoughtonCustomLures

Comment

have a look at 20lb sunline cast away

Comment

I use 20lb Daiwa Tournament 8 braid or Samurai Braid both 8 Strand PE as a Bass set-up, never had any problems (other than the cost!)

As Piker has already said, the rule of thumb is PE x 10 for the poundage.

There are lots of good quality braids available at the moment, Sunline has a good reputation and is very popular, I was thinking of trying this next myself as I already use their Flurocarbon as a rubbing leader.
        Regards
        Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Sea fishing, not done so much but sand/rocks/snags. Go for the biggest breaking strain you can. For lure fishing I like berkley whiplash and 50lb is strong yet thin.
          On a fixed spool I use fox rage 20lb though.

Comment

i use 20lb whiplash pro in green or camo which is very low dia 0.06mm got it off ebay 18quid try not to get sucked in by expensive japanese braids they are no better this! Have had bass into double figures on this and never been snapped up yet!

Comment

Only one braid to use and that is Power Pro, best on the market bar none !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X