Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little competition

Just for a bit fun......

Seeing as Bassboyo is off to a roaring start to the species race and is more than a bit coy about his location here's a new compo

GUESS THE LOCATION OF BASSBOYO

I'll go for Isle of Man

What's the prize ?? I might win this one ;-)

Comment

A say ne vill neway
      Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Not sure this is is in the spirit of the forum, what's next guess where the bass mark is, guess where the the pike was caught? Lets not single people out lads. We all have marks we like to keep to ourselfs. Lets not discourage people from posting in fear of being pressurized into giving out information they don't want to and just take what information we can from the posts.
        Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
        http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
        http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Disagree with this thread guys, Bassboyo is sharing his catch reports with us to inspire, and show some of the techniques he uses, and I appreciate that.

Yeah of course we all want to be shown where the holy grail is, and then when it gets' mobbed/spoilt/netted and doesnt fish anymore everyone loses.

If everyone feels pressure to give up their marks then people will just not bother sharing. I have been fortunate to be shown a few cracking marks in my hometown area near Plymouth (and will be going there when I get home) but I wouldn't share them as I know how much effort was put in to try that coastline over years.

Comment

Christ almighty, what does the first line of the post say "just for fun" which I think is how Bassboyo has taken it looking at a couple of posts he's put up afterwards.

Not asking for specific marks is it, just location (eg SW coast, NE coast). I would'nt give out specific marks for Bass but catching Coalies/Pollack locally doesn't need a lot of thought, Wrasse needs a bit more use of the grey matter though if you don't want to put many miles on the clock.

Comment

Year was just for fun lyk stated but we do not wont to no his marks but just lyk to no wich place he from lyk stated but juging by his dp looks lyk nothumbland and he took it as a joke to well a hope he has as a wos in no atiton wonting to up set any one
              Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Originally posted by swaffs View Post
                Disagree with this thread guys, Bassboyo is sharing his catch reports with us to inspire, and show some of the techniques he uses, and I appreciate that.

Yeah of course we all want to be shown where the holy grail is, and then when it gets' mobbed/spoilt/netted and doesnt fish anymore everyone loses.

If everyone feels pressure to give up their marks then people will just not bother sharing. I have been fortunate to be shown a few cracking marks in my hometown area near Plymouth (and will be going there when I get home) but I wouldn't share them as I know how much effort was put in to try that coastline over years.
                Thankyou swaffs , hallelujah you actually gets my point.

Guys ill take jokes all day long like I expect you to take them from me, but I just want to remain as bassboyo for now.
                Anyway what's my prize ?? ;-)

Comment

How do you know you've won?

Comment

You haven't won yet mate, just out of curiosity how many species' did you manage last year?
                    Last edited by phill_itofish; 07-01-2013, 06:49 PM.
                    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by culdiekid View Post
                      How do you know you've won?
                      It's my MI5 intelligence !!

What's your name and where do you come from ?? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                        You haven't won yet mate, just out of curiosity how many species' did you manage last year?
                        I've never done a species hunt before

I am talking about this thread "prize" guess my location !!
                        I don't expect to get many more species..........

well untill someone starts playing catch up ;-)
                        Last edited by Bassboyo; 07-01-2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassboyo View Post
                          I've never done a species hunt before

I don't expect to get many more species..........

well untill someone starts playing catch up ;-)
                          No prizes for guessing your location!

To everyone:
                          In fact it doesn't matter one bit where your from(or who you are for that matter) as long as you keep on adding value to this Forum. There's more than enough info in the brilliant reports that have been posted so far, so keep it up everyone!

I support the message that Bassboyo is portraying 'get out and Fish' and find some of this stuff out from your own and shared experiences, and yes it can be done, with a bit of homework, determination, guidance and patience!

The technical aspects, guidance and experiences are here in this Forum for you! UK geographical location isn't important, getting out learning and having fun learning something new is!

Bassboyo: have you ever read the 'Tortoise and the Hare?' It ain't over til the fat lady sings and she's only warming up at the mo'.
                          Regards
                          Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

************************************************** ******

Comment

Originally posted by Bassboyo View Post

Well it was me that started the thread so I'll put up a pack of softies that I bought last year (haven't been opened) for the prize. Prize must be sent to the winner, unable to donate to a third party I'm afraid.

And the winner is.......... BASSBOYO.

Pm me your address mate and I'll forward you the prize

Only a bit light hearted fun mate which you have taken it in the manner it was meant. Tight lines matey, keep the species rolling in as we'll be starting to chase you down soon

Comment

Originally posted by MickA View Post
                              Well it was me that started the thread so I'll put up a pack of softies that I bought last year (haven't been opened) for the prize. Prize must be sent to the winner, unable to donate to a third party I'm afraid.

And the winner is.......... BASSBOYO.

Pm me your address mate and I'll forward you the prize

Only a bit light hearted fun mate which you have taken it in the manner it was meant. Tight lines matey, keep the species rolling in as we'll be starting to chase you down soon
                              Ha! Brilliant!
                              Regards
                              Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

************************************************** ******

Comment

Working...
                              X