Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lures

This section has captured my interest !
    Ive been sorting thru my gear and have a good selection of jelly lures, small shads etc which I originally had for freshwater ( Pike etc).
    Opinions as to whether these would be suitable?
    I was thinking of trying the rock marks between Craster ans Dunstaburgh when the weather warms up a bit.
    Has anyone had any experience of this area?
    I know from experience that these flat rock areas can be very slippery with steep drop offs to the sea, any suggestions for footwear?
    Sorry for all the questions but just trying to get some pointers as this is an unknown for me. Thanks

Originally posted by DaveH55 View Post
    Ive been sorting thru my gear and have a good selection of jelly lures, small shads etc which I originally had for freshwater ( Pike etc).
    I was thinking of trying the rock marks between Craster ans Dunstaburgh when the weather warms up a bit.
    I know from experience that these flat rock areas can be very slippery with steep drop offs to the sea, any suggestions for footwear?
    Sorry for all the questions but just trying to get some pointers as this is an unknown for me. Thanks
    stay off all rocks if going to rain nyt mear mat just on outh side ov dunstaburgh castle good spot and if it in the water who knows what you will get and a good peir ov walking boots ill do the job
    Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH55 View Post
      Hi Mate, welcome to the forum. Without seeing them its really hard to comment, but have a look on the Internet and see if they are similar to those used for sea lure fishing, LRF or HRF style fishing. If they represent bait fish, size, colour and action etc, then there's probably no reason why not.

As for footwear for rocks you can't go past a pair or spiked wading shoes / boots / waders. These are really the only way you will reduce the chance of slipping.

No problem with the questions that's what we are here for!
      Regards
      Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Working...
      X