Havent a clue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Havent a clue!

Hey there, basically i have literally like no experience with lure fishing, im big into fly fishing, carp, coarse and the piers and beaches too but id like to try the lighter side of the sea sport, so what im asking is if you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated, what rods, what reels, lures, what weights, braids and any good places? around the south tyneside area, thank you

I'm in the same boat as you bud, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread
    www.home-improver.com
    Where quality counts

Comment

well here we go.you need a rod anything frome 7ft to 10ft and casting weight from 10g to 28g.i personaly like a 9ft with a fast tip action as you can cast your lure were you want it to go lol.ive just got the new okuma octana casts 10-35 g with a xxfast tip.

line i use berkley whip lash camo 25lb.reason you use braid as your intouch with the fish as braid dose knot stretch like mono.also i use a 12inch shock leader!!!! but dont use any normal shock leader as bass will see it aswell as pollock.use florocarbon .

lures.you need to buy lures what represent the bait fish in the water were you be fishing ect.... like sand eel colours makeral colours and lance colours.but remember lures are very exspensive and its like a drug once you buy one you cant stop...now if its sunny conditions go with something thats light in colour.now we come to fishing in the dark????

you need to use black lures ...why you ask?? well when your fishing a black lure in the dark the bass or pollock look up and see a black Silhouette and they will smash it

clothing wise. you can use neoprene chest waders but i find if your walking a lot and rock hopping they it can be hard work.i use repala breathible chest waders with wading boots also boots have spikes or studds on sole this willprevent you from slipping on green mossy rocks or rocks that are coverd in sea weed hope this helps you ladds good luck

also head light: you can use a head light aslong as its got the red light on it.but remember if fishing for bass do knot direct your lamp on full beam on to water as this will spook the bass.you can if you have the red light on but if knot turn your back to the water so your facing the shore as your changing your lures

also for got to mention reel;any reel size from 4000 to 6000 will be fine must have grag on though
      Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Some good advice there

Comment

cheers m8.had well over 100 bass last year on lures but just started to you sofl lures for them will put pic up of lures

Comment

I've just bought a bass travel rod for the hols but intend to use it here as well can't wait to get started going to invest in some breathable waders and boots at the of the month

Comment

pic of lures i use
              Attached Files

Comment

bass lures
                Attached Files

Comment

the rod i use this is top qaulity bit of kit
                  Attached Files

Comment

It's handy to see what people use up here rather than buying them then learning you've bought the wrong ones as the choice is vast and I costly if you get it wrong, cheers

Comment

these kill bass and wrass and pollock ive seen it with my own eyes

Comment

my top lures that are a must have and never go fishing without them.

Maria Chase BW, Shore Line Shiner - R50+, Komomo II, Patchinko II and 100.

Comment

should use weedless trebble hooks on your lures as i do never ever loose a lure

Comment

Originally posted by PAUL1971 View Post
                            should use weedless trebble hooks on your lures as i do never ever loose a lure
                            Paul, what kind of weedless trebles do you find work best? Iv been looking at these, apparently they just slide onto existing trebles, but not sure if they'll affect the action of the lure or not? Have you used them before?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359929152.061146.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1521715
                            Regards
                            Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

************************************************** ******

Comment

by the look of them si it will probebly have an affect on lures well hard lures anyways bud i use these and havent had no bother with them si
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X