Moonfleet angling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonfleet angling

Been to Moonfleet Angling a few times this last couple of weeks as I needed a few bits and bobs to take with me on holiday to Fuerteventura, going for four weeks this Saturday (will really miss this weather!) a mate of mine introduced me to these Yuki rods at Moonfleet, he fishes comps all over the country and is very successful. Bought the 15ft Pro Surf, casting 100 - 200gr, wasn't too sure about it, took it between the piers in Sunderland put on 2oz spinner no hooks, and it cast out of sight, even against the easterly wind, you could use this rod for a variety of things like scratching, float fishing, spinning, Andy the manager, told me they were getting a delivery of 1.5mt Yuki rods that casts up to 100gr, went through today, bought one for the grand total of £20, one of the boys showed me the video of the rod with reel and line attached to a kayak and this little rod lifted it off the bottom!!, took it down to the coast put a 35gr spinner on and it cast really well. Tried it with small jig heads, like 5/16, 1/4, and it cast all right considering it was against the wind. Gonna have some fun with this little rod, can't wait to hook into a decent palameto (hopefully). Also bought quality fluorocarbon, hooks, isomes etc., can't fault the place all the boys are a great help. Cheers Brian

Originally posted by Bri48 View Post
    Been to Moonfleet Angling a few times this last couple of weeks as I needed a few bits and bobs to take with me on holiday to Fuerteventura, going for four weeks this Saturday (will really miss this weather!) a mate of mine introduced me to these Yuki rods at Moonfleet, he fishes comps all over the country and is very successful. Bought the 15ft Pro Surf, casting 100 - 200gr, wasn't too sure about it, took it between the piers in Sunderland put on 2oz spinner no hooks, and it cast out of sight, even against the easterly wind, you could use this rod for a variety of things like scratching, float fishing, spinning, Andy the manager, told me they were getting a delivery of 1.5mt Yuki rods that casts up to 100gr, went through today, bought one for the grand total of £20, one of the boys showed me the video of the rod with reel and line attached to a kayak and this little rod lifted it off the bottom!!, took it down to the coast put a 35gr spinner on and it cast really well. Tried it with small jig heads, like 5/16, 1/4, and it cast all right considering it was against the wind. Gonna have some fun with this little rod, can't wait to hook into a decent palameto (hopefully). Also bought quality fluorocarbon, hooks, isomes etc., can't fault the place all the boys are a great help. Cheers Brian
    Is the Pro-surf the red one?? That's a lovely looking piece of kit. I've seen that video too for the small lure rod and it's unbelievable! For £20 there's simply no competition in the value for money stakes. Iv ordered the YUKI Neox Royal Spin from Moonfleet, 12g to 50g for slightly heavier Lures and Spinners. Looks a real quality piece of kit. Think YUKI will do some damage in the rod market this year.
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckingball76 View Post
      Is the Pro-surf the red one?? That's a lovely looking piece of kit. I've seen that video too for the small lure rod and it's unbelievable! For £20 there's simply no competition in the value for money stakes. Iv ordered the YUKI Neox Royal Spin from Moonfleet, 12g to 50g for slightly heavier Lures and Spinners. Looks a real quality piece of kit. Think YUKI will do some damage in the rod market this year.
      Yes its the red one my mate said it was good value for money not the dearest and not the cheapest he has quite a few of them I think he had to send away to Italy for his early ones

Comment

Anyone got a link for the vidio
        In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
        Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
        Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckingball76 View Post
          I also bought some colmic hanging snaps size 0 11lb test we would call them clips small but strong ideal for hanging small jig heads on cheers Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mad as a fish View Post
            Anyone got a link for the vidio
            I dont know im not sure wether the lad said facebook in the shop

Comment

Originally posted by Bri48 View Post
              I dont know im not sure wether the lad said facebook in the shop
              No worries Bri i will Google it and see if i can find it, canny set of lads at Moonfleet
              In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
              Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
              Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

link to YUKI video

video-2013-03-19-12-54-22 - YouTube

Comment

need to pop through and visit this place

Comment

Working...
                  X