Never leave catalogues lying around!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never leave catalogues lying around!

Got a fishing catalogue in the post with some new lures today, so as you do, I was reading it on the throne.

My mistake was to leave it there, next to the radiator, in all innocence, knowing that the receipt for the new lures was ripped up and disposed of pronto as soon as the postie delivered them. So, in my mind I had got away with spending £60+ on some plastic with hooks attached! Safe eh?...or so I thought!

Now the Mrs, being female, is an iquisitive sort of bird and asked me how much these little plastic fish cost? So being confident and slightly cocky that all evidence was disposed of, I said about a pound each, and probably £2.50 for the expensive ones

Little did I know that she had been reading this catalogue on the throne herself! The reply came like this.............."Some of those reels are £50+ in that catalogue!"

"Yes, I would never spend that on a reel, some people are really stupid!" I said giggling to myself having spent probably £200 recently on reels. Then the reply came...

"So why the F**K did you spend £17 each on those stupid little fish!??"

Erm, moral of the story, get rid of all evidence, invoice, receipt and CATALOGUE!!!!!!!!

Reproduced from another site.

Ha class. And create ur own PayPal account I've just had a similar convo forgetting I use our lass's PayPal account even tho it's all my spare cash of my last hobby
    Species 2013 : crabs, warts

Comment

I use a separate email address when ordering fishing or golf gear as I once got caught out when I was sent an invoice on email

Comment

they might think its mad but on the other hand we think they're mad to spend a fortune on clothes and jewellry they might only use once.

Comment

Originally posted by over par View Post
          Got a fishing catalogue in the post with some new lures today, so as you do, I was reading it on the throne.

My mistake was to leave it there, next to the radiator, in all innocence, knowing that the receipt for the new lures was ripped up and disposed of pronto as soon as the postie delivered them. So, in my mind I had got away with spending £60+ on some plastic with hooks attached! Safe eh?...or so I thought!

Now the Mrs, being female, is an iquisitive sort of bird and asked me how much these little plastic fish cost? So being confident and slightly cocky that all evidence was disposed of, I said about a pound each, and probably £2.50 for the expensive ones

Little did I know that she had been reading this catalogue on the throne herself! The reply came like this.............."Some of those reels are £50+ in that catalogue!"

"Yes, I would never spend that on a reel, some people are really stupid!" I said giggling to myself having spent probably £200 recently on reels. Then the reply came...

"So why the F**K did you spend £17 each on those stupid little fish!??"

Erm, moral of the story, get rid of all evidence, invoice, receipt and CATALOGUE!!!!!!!!

Reproduced from another site.
          Class, I feel your pain. The missus caught me well and truly out last year.

I had bought some gear from Snowbee, new wader boots, waders etc etc came to £317 - I specifically asked for the delivery address to be 'elsewhere'. Sure enough got in from work to find a huge Snowbee box waiting for me in the living room and a wife asking "what have you been getting now?"

So I told her........ I'd bought some new 'cheap' wading boots on offer etc etc..... She asked me how much it cost, to which I replied, " I dunno love, about £100 in total, deffo wasn't more than £110 love....bargain" I just got my sentence finished when she promptly produced the invoice from behind her back (sly cow).... "£100, are you sure about that?, try 317 f**king pound...."
          To which I responded with the only reply left in my arsenal, which was "what you doing opening my mail??" Needless to say it didn't help......

I think she's just come to terms with it now.......lol
          Regards
          Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Quality boys they not that daft all the time
            KOMPRESSOR SPORT
            PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
            PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
            OKUMA TRIO 55
            YUKI RUBYMAR
            RON THOMPSON TYRON
            SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

I always say rods/reels were a second hand bargin, never admit to bying new!
              Species 2015 - Cod, Bass, Flounder, Dab, LS Sea Scorpion
              Species 2014 - Coalfish, Codling, Dab, Lobster, Weaver, LS Sea Scorpion, Flounder, Barracuda (Gran Canaria)
              Species 2013 - Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Coalfish, pollack, dab, eel, Mackeral, Launce, eel pout, blenny, LS Sea Scorpion, Butterfish, Thin Lipped Mullet, thick Lipped Mullet, Gilt Head Bream, Black Bream, Yet to be identified Mediterainian Wrasse, Bass

Comment

wor lass thinks all bait costs half the proper price i pay until she thought she would be kind and order 35 live crabs off ebay for a open comp . 45 quid for them little crawling ****s she said oops i told her i was getting them for 40 p each
                species so far :cod,whiting,coalie,dab,flounder ,plaice,3bearded rockling,mackeral,granny fish best for 2012 :6lbcod

Comment

iv'e just paid £450 for a rod today and I told the other half exactly how much I paid for it she's not speaking to me the peace and quiet is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by BIG HITTER 1 View Post
                    iv'e just paid £450 for a rod today and I told the other half exactly how much I paid for it she's not speaking to me the peace and quiet is bliss
                    New rod and peace and quiet, a double win

Comment

Working...
                    X