torness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torness

Looking through the for sale threads and seen torness mentioned. Just wondering if any one body fish's it much.

It's Bassing Jim, but not as we know it.

Comment

Take yer crash helmet and a cricket bat,Chinkys fishing for the restaurants in Berwick and Edinburgh,they take everything they catch and keep them in a posties bag
      The place is ruined,there were boats netting it last year and thats why nobody mentions the good bass marks anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by The Deeps View Post
        Take yer crash helmet and a cricket bat,Chinkys fishing for the restaurants in Berwick and Edinburgh,they take everything they catch and keep them in a posties bag
        The place is ruined,there were boats netting it last year and thats why nobody mentions the good bass marks anymore.
        That's well sead mate
        Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Well when I was there the guys were definitely not Chinese, they were British, but they did had postie's bags!

And no, they weren't Postmen !
          2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

E
            Originally posted by The Deeps View Post
            No were your coming from. But what can you do if fisheries protection ain't bothered.last time I was there it was the poilish raping the place . Same problem at every hot water outlet in the country

Comment

[QUOTE=kayos;547304]Well when I was there the guys were definitely not Chinese, they were British, but they did had postie's bags!

And no, they
              And I don't think the lads with gazette bags are paper boys. But you see bad fishing practices every were u go.

Comment

I've not been in a while, it just doesn't have any real appeal to me. Too many paperboys and postmen.

Comment

Is there actually that many bass there ?
                  PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
                  PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                  PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                  PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Originally posted by david.northeast View Post
                    Is there actually that many bass there ?
                    There is when you catch it right. Some times it like fishing a stocked pond.mainly schoolies not many big ones . But it's along time since I been there

Comment

Originally posted by sammy talbot View Post
                      There is when you catch it right. Some times it like fishing a stocked pond.mainly schoolies not many big ones . But it's along time since I been there

6 months or so since I've been, it's still just schoolie bass. I suppose it's ok to go and catch your first couple of lure caught bass but I'd argue a proper wild bass from a mark you've sussed out yourself is worth 100 power station fish.

Comment

Originally posted by pulp View Post
                        6 months or so since I've been, it's still just schoolie bass. I suppose it's ok to go and catch your first couple of lure caught bass but I'd argue a proper wild bass from a mark you've sussed out yourself is worth 100 power station fish.
                        Nothing more satisfying than identifying a possible mark , learning which way it fishs and then catching on it .

Comment

So the fish are there because the power station pumps out warm water. Does this mean the fish are still edible ?
                          The toilet roll factory in low prudhoe pumps out hot water into a stream at the back of the factory I've seen loads of youngins fishing it and catching massive Chubb and barbel
                          PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
                          PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                          PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                          PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Anyone bait fished up there? Might hold some novelties

Comment

[QUOTE=lumpsucker;548019]Anyone bait fished up there? Might hold some novelties[/QUOTE
                              n the beach to the right of the flows flats (turbut). Inlet on the other side coalys n Pollack.

Comment

Working...
                              X