Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LBF (Light Boat Fishing) - YUKI Rubymar, Loppa Style....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF (Light Boat Fishing) - YUKI Rubymar, Loppa Style....

Whilst out in Norway last week, we tried and tested various new and emerging products, more specifically Rods and Lures.

Being presented with the ideal opportunity to really test some tackle I decided to try out LBF with a new shorter and lighter style boat rod. The YUKI Rubymar 1.5m rod will cast upto 100g and can lift a kayak up from the deck as recently demonstrated!
    However the real test for these 'little red rods' would be how it handles as a fishing rod and not just a party piece! With a price tag a little over £20 I wasn't afraid to break it either......

Coupled with a Shimano Calcutta bait casting reel and loaded with Braid, I attached a Fisshhh Black Minnow Lure, knowing that the Cod would absolutely smash this Lure as they had been relentlessly hitting everything we'd tried so far. The pairing of the small bait casting reel and this rod was ideal for me in this situation. The balance of rod and reel made single handed fishing very comfortable and effortless for casting / dropping and jigging the lure.

No sooner than the lure hit the bottom a short retrieve and jig and smash, Fish on... And boy was it a big one. The average stamp of Fish we had been taking was around the 20-25lb mark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366740505.433011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1529517

So I knew I was in for a proper battle but had no idea how the rod would hold up. Talk about adrenalin pumping, I was laughing nervously at first until I found that the rod handled the 'nodding' and diving runs that this big fish was making with a resilience which was absolutely unbelievable for a 20 quid piece of kit. The rod spent most of the retrieve at less than a 90 degree acute angle, and never gave any signs of failure. After a very sporty fight I managed to surface the fish, it weighed in at 18lb! Couldn't believe it. I immediately wanted more as the buzz was tremendous! So I dropped the line again and got smashed on the way down, another fish of around the 16lb mark.

I simply couldn't get enough of the fun that this set-up was offering, so down it went again, a few minutes later fish on.... This time a 25lb Whopper! See link to the video below!! I carried on like this for a few hours eventually landing a 28lb Fish!!!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366740691.039183.jpg
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1529521

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366740578.665360.jpg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1529518

With my arms about to fall off I decided to really up the stakes and loaded up with a string of 3 Cod Feathers!!
    Sure enough just after the drop, whack, thud, bump! Fish on!

After what only an be described as a mental fight, I surfaced not 1 but 2 double figure Cod!! Unbelievable. If anyone else had told me this, I'd be calling them a liar!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366740599.058973.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1529519

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366740613.600491.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1529520

This Rod is absolutely exceptional value for money and when paired with a reel that can do the job it offers priceless fishing fun which simply cannot be rivalled. Even if you do manage to break it, its not going to break the bank. If you own a kayak or are a regular boat fisherman, or even on your travels with the kids you simply need to have one of these in your Arsenal,boot of your car or case! not necessarily for serious fishing, but certainly for fun.

I'm totally blown away with the quality versus cost. YUKI manufacture a range of rods from budget (like this one) to high end equipment which is used by world champions! and it obvious that some of the better finishes have been used on this rod unlike others you'd see for a similar price, it boasts a high modulus carbon blank with fibre glass tip, Fuji guides, high gloss finish. etc etc.

If you would like more information regarding the YUKI range of Fishing products please contact:

Andy Copeland or Paul Hardy
    Moonfleet Angling
    William St Felling,
    Gateshead,
    Tyne and Wear
    NE10 0JP

Tel: 0191 438 1555
    Mob: 0786 179 7275
    Email: Paul@moonfleet-angling.com
    Last edited by Wreckingball76; 23-04-2013, 07:52 PM.
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

very very jealous

Comment

great report m8, those rods look great i have been looking for a rod for lbf in norway going over in july may have to invest in one
      Species 2012 - Cod, Flounder, Dab, Plaice, Pollock, Eelpout, Common eel, Granny Fish, Whiting, Coalie, LSD, Rockling, Bass.

Comment

great report

do not do not put the rod tip in a car door,then shut the door
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Great review Si. I have been to Moonfleet today purchased the 1.8m version of this rod today to take on my Tope trip at the end of May.

Thanks for sharing.
          Last edited by Blanked again; 23-04-2013, 07:07 PM.
          Tight lines
          Davy

Comment

Well done mate quality fish I have just bought the yuki rod and christened it on ss pier £25 bargain
            KOMPRESSOR SPORT
            PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
            PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
            OKUMA TRIO 55
            YUKI RUBYMAR
            RON THOMPSON TYRON
            SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Link to video added.

Regards
              Si

Comment

just watched the video cracking little rods
                KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                OKUMA TRIO 55
                YUKI RUBYMAR
                RON THOMPSON TYRON
                SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Excellent sport on the light gear! A halibut would be interesting Great video aswell. Is that the island of Silda in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by hotdog View Post
                    Excellent sport on the light gear! A halibut would be interesting Great video aswell. Is that the island of Silda in the background?
                    Yeah, it should be Silda in the background when I'm seated. We did most of our fishing towards top of Silda and Loppa and the stretches in between. Literally tons of Fish there, I reckon we all (8 of us) must have caught a couple of thousand pounds (lbs) of Fish that week between us. Absolutely fantastic sport.
                    Regards
                    Si

Comment

Amazing !!!

Comment

Been following the pics and reports on Moonfleet`s facebook page....looks like you`ve all had one hell of a trip mate
                        MH Custom Lures

http://www.facebook.com/MarkHoughtonCustomLures

Comment

Well done Si great report
                          When God made time he made loads of it.
                          Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

Comment

Little Red Ruby

Originally posted by Wreckingball76 View Post
                            Whilst out in Norway last week, we tried and tested various new and emerging products, more specifically Rods and Lures.

Being presented with the ideal opportunity to really test some tackle I decided to try out LBF with a new shorter and lighter style boat rod. The YUKI Rubymar 1.5m rod will cast upto 100g and can lift a kayak up from the deck as recently demonstrated!
                            However the real test for these 'little red rods' would be how it handles as a fishing rod and not just a party piece! With a price tag a little over £20 I wasn't afraid to break it either......

Coupled with a Shimano Calcutta bait casting reel and loaded with Braid, I attached a Fisshhh Black Minnow Lure, knowing that the Cod would absolutely smash this Lure as they had been relentlessly hitting everything we'd tried so far. The pairing of the small bait casting reel and this rod was ideal for me in this situation. The balance of rod and reel made single handed fishing very comfortable and effortless for casting / dropping and jigging the lure.

No sooner than the lure hit the bottom a short retrieve and jig and smash, Fish on... And boy was it a big one. The average stamp of Fish we had been taking was around the 20-25lb mark.

[ATTACH]7162[/ATTACH]

So I knew I was in for a proper battle but had no idea how the rod would hold up. Talk about adrenalin pumping, I was laughing nervously at first until I found that the rod handled the 'nodding' and diving runs that this big fish was making with a resilience which was absolutely unbelievable for a 20 quid piece of kit. The rod spent most of the retrieve at less than a 90 degree acute angle, and never gave any signs of failure. After a very sporty fight I managed to surface the fish, it weighed in at 18lb! Couldn't believe it. I immediately wanted more as the buzz was tremendous! So I dropped the line again and got smashed on the way down, another fish of around the 16lb mark.

I simply couldn't get enough of the fun that this set-up was offering, so down it went again, a few minutes later fish on.... This time a 25lb Whopper! See link to the video below!! I carried on like this for a few hours eventually landing a 28lb Fish!!!

Light Boat Fishing - YUKI Rubymar - Loppa, Norway 2013 - YouTube

[ATTACH]7166[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7163[/ATTACH]

With my arms about to fall off I decided to really up the stakes and loaded up with a string of 3 Cod Feathers!!
                            Sure enough just after the drop, whack, thud, bump! Fish on!

After what only an be described as a mental fight, I surfaced not 1 but 2 double figure Cod!! Unbelievable. If anyone else had told me this, I'd be calling them a liar!

[ATTACH]7164[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7165[/ATTACH]

This Rod is absolutely exceptional value for money and when paired with a reel that can do the job it offers priceless fishing fun which simply cannot be rivalled. Even if you do manage to break it, its not going to break the bank. If you own a kayak or are a regular boat fisherman, or even on your travels with the kids you simply need to have one of these in your Arsenal,boot of your car or case! not necessarily for serious fishing, but certainly for fun.

I'm totally blown away with the quality versus cost. YUKI manufacture a range of rods from budget (like this one) to high end equipment which is used by world champions! and it obvious that some of the better finishes have been used on this rod unlike others you'd see for a similar price, it boasts a high modulus carbon blank with fibre glass tip, Fuji guides, high gloss finish. etc etc.

If you would like more information regarding the YUKI range of Fishing products please contact:

Andy Copeland or Paul Hardy
                            Moonfleet Angling
                            William St Felling,
                            Gateshead,
                            Tyne and Wear
                            NE10 0JP

Tel: 0191 438 1555
                            Mob: 0786 179 7275
                            Email: Paul@moonfleet-angling.com
                            Excellent report and video, thought I was doing well catching palometa in Caleta, Fuerteventura on the little red ruby mind you they don't half go! like a mackeral on steroids and great fun on the little rod. Here are a couple of photos caught my first mackeral of the season it's in my live bait bucket - about 3" long ( didn't put up much of a fight).Wearing long sleeves as second day was a bit cloudy and forgot to put sun tan lotion on, arms burnt to a crisp.

Cheers Brian.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Bri48; 24-05-2013, 09:32 AM. Reason: Removing photos

Comment

Working...
                            X