LW concrete platform, Tynemouth pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LW concrete platform, Tynemouth pier

Just wondering if any one has fished the above on the seaward side? I've seen it exposed on very low tides and it looks fishy!

Cheers
    Nat
    http://www.slippylimpets.uk/

You talking about the platform off the back wall ? If you are don't try and fish off there you'll be asking for trouble just fish off the top level it will be fine from there you wouldn't gain much distance being down there
    PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Originally posted by david.northeast View Post
      You talking about the platform off the back wall ? If you are don't try and fish off there you'll be asking for trouble just fish off the top level it will be fine from there you wouldn't gain much distance being down there
      Thanks for the reply,
      It might be the one. To access it i,d need to walk along the foundations on the seaward side of the wall for almost 3\4 of of the length of the pier and then this platform juts out into the sea. I thought that it might make a good mark for lrf because of the lack of height to the water but i don't know how deep it is.
      ...LW is in an hour so gonna have a walk along and check it out. Got nowt to lose
      Cheers
      Nat
      http://www.slippylimpets.uk/

Comment

Aye that's the one mate it might be areet for lrf but give yourself plenty of time to get back off don't think there's any ladders back up
        PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
        PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
        PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
        PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Best fished on big tides. Only fish it when theres no sea running. It isn't a mark i'd fish alone during darkness. Its a good shot for pollock, coalies and mackerel through the summer and it can be a good daytime shot for cod through the winter (although out of bounds in most, if not all opens and matches). Best advice is to pay more attention to getting off the founds than fishing! There are ladders back up onto the platform then onto the pier but it would be hard to get much gear back up there. In an emergency it wouldn't matter.
          Last edited by Karl M; 12-05-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Sounds like way too much work for a Goby

Comment

as mentioned cracking mark for summer pollock etc but you need to be carefull flat calm seas is best. i fish it in winter aswel but only on the biggest of spring tides.

you also need to watch out for the big ships coming into the tyne and also going out as they send a big backwash up onto the old foundations best bet it to leave your gear up on the old metal ladders that are down there incase this happens.
              Species 2012 - Cod, Flounder, Dab, Plaice, Pollock, Eelpout, Common eel, Granny Fish, Whiting, Coalie, LSD, Rockling, Bass.

Comment

take note of what ben says not a mark to fish on own ,most of the ladders have corroded and rusted,can be a cracking shot for big cod in the winter,your best bet is to go down in daylight on a big tide and get your bearings and check which ladders are safe in case you have to make a retreat. great mark in the summer spinning for pollock but you can be hampered by the strings of pots all along the length of the foundations,best of luck ,davy.
                PB
                COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
                COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
                Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
                Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
                Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
                Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
                Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Working...
                X