Cheap ebay Lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap ebay Lures

Seen lots of them advertised from china for not a lot of money, packs of 5, packs of 3 etc. maybe 4" long with 2 sets of trebles and usually bbs inside to make them rattle.
    Are they/will they be any good for our waters?
    As you'll guess I know feck all about lure fishing but lookin to do some this summer (not Mackerel) for Wrasse, Pollock etc.
    Cheers.
    Michael.

Cheap lures don't normally last due to build quality and materials used. I would rather have a couple of decent lures that work rather than a bag full cheap ones. If it's wrase and Pollack your after have think about soft plastics, proberly better suited for these type s of fish

Comment

Agree with post above, good quality SPs will be far better than cheap HPs for pollock & wrasse.

Comment

Originally posted by Daysofspeed View Post
        Seen lots of them advertised from china for not a lot of money, packs of 5, packs of 3 etc. maybe 4" long with 2 sets of trebles and usually bbs inside to make them rattle.
        As you'll guess I know feck all about lure fishing but lookin to do some this summer (not Mackerel) for Wrasse, Pollock etc.
        I've got some on the way. For that price I thought they must be worth a try, nowt to lose. I'll let you know if they are any good or not.
        People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas, any recommended killers to look out for then? I don't want to spend decent money on stuff thats just designed to catch the buyer.
          Cheers.
          Michael.

Comment

Red gills and red gill evos are a good place to start for Pollack. Never done much wrase

Fishhing so some of the other lads might be able to point you in the right direction. What sort of ground you planing on fishing.

Comment

Mainly for a weeks holiday in Portpatrick so rocky I'm guessing.
              Cheers.
              Michael.

Comment

If you just want to catch fish, I'd go for a 28g zenith spinner, I've had all kinds on them including Wrasse Pollock and Bass, if you particularly want to try soft hard or soft plastics id give them a go, most of my bass have been caught on cheep hard plastics when you dearer lures were failing.
                Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Thanks for the replies fellas, any recommended killers to look out for then? I don't want to spend decent money on stuff thats just designed to catch the buyer.
                  For pollack? Mate i use jelly worms, available from most tackle shops 10/20p each just buy a load of different colours, single snaplink on the end of your line, 3oz weight, swivel with a long snood and a 3.0/4.0 on the end of it (make sure their strong hooks they will straighten them), and the jelly on it. Fish it as tight to the bottom as you can. Slow steady retrieve, none of this adding action to it, you'll not catch them if you do that. This has caught me well over 300 pollack.

Deadly colours for me? :

Purple Glitter body gold glittery tail

Blue body, pink/red tail

Black glittery body gold/gold glittery tail.

Orange glittery body, orange tail.

Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

sidewinder shimmer eels or if you can get hold of any the old storm sand eel

Comment

Orderd some HP from.china used them and they were crap as water was
                      getting inside them even put dab of super glue were the fiting has treble.hook on
                      and still no good........fire tails black body red tail is a killer for pollok also red gills
                      and twill tails orange with black stripes on body.as for wrass slug-go fin and fish
                      berkley gulp rag work .rigs to use are wacky rig set up texes rig set up aswell or drop.shot
                      set up.deadly for wrass hope this helps matey

Comment

Working...
                      X