SSP Blocks 20/6/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSP Blocks 20/6/13

With plenty of Pollack being reported from the Pier recently and with Phil knocking me into 'the Bronze medal' position yesterday. I decided I needed to get out and catch-up. So I got up at 5am and headed down South Shields Pier for an hour before work. What a gorgeous morning it was this this morning , sun shining in the sky, quite warm and the Sea was like a millpond and water clarity was excellent.

I headed Straight for the Blocks, even though it was Low water I knew the Structure held Fish in the boulders and kelp, which I could see straight to the bottom.

To see if there where any fish about I clipped on a 3 hook Sabiki trace and cast out. First chuck threw up a Launce (new species for the board ) then a couple of casts later a small Coley.

A few more casts and not much was happening so I changed tactics to get right amongst the rough stuff. Switched to my LRF set-up with a 3.5g jig head and a Marukyu orange straw Tail Grub on a weedless offset hook. This let me get into the boulders and kelp without to much effort. Wasn't long before I felt a sharp take and (little) Fish on!

A small but lovely coloured Pollack ( another species for the Board )

A few more casts later and a knock here and there, decided to switch to a light 14g spinner. A few casts on and got hit by a decent Coley, then a decent Pollack just short of 2lb.

A few Coleys and Pollack Later decided to change back to the sabiki's.

Then bang, bang got hit by 2 decent pollack, which I had to haul up 20ft up the Pier wall.

I found that a very slow retrieve was most effective and also that on occasion you could see the smaller fish coming out of the Kelp to snatch the lure. Brilliant to watch!

So all in all about a dozen Pollack upto 2lb mark and half a dozen Coley upto 1.5lb then the obligatory Launce. Class morning went to work well chuffed. 90 minutes well spent and back in the Silver Spot!
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Well done mate canny report and pics.
    List of South Shields Pier Fishing Marks http://youtu.be/l-R3XPf0S0Q

2014 Species Hunt 37
    2013 Species Hunt 27

Comment

cracking ,busy session with some lovely fish welldone
      KOMPRESSOR SPORT
      PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
      PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
      OKUMA TRIO 55
      YUKI RUBYMAR
      RON THOMPSON TYRON
      SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Nice stuff Si, the Pollock I took earlier in the week were the same lovely colour, great stuff in the sunshine

Might give those straw tail grubs a shot after nat had a bit of luck with them aswell...

Heading out today and hoping for a fish or two!
        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
        X