Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssp 21/06/13

Hi guys,

headed down the pier this morning about 10am, only a couple of other lads there and I was met by the usual "nowts doing..."

Not one to be put off easily, I set up on the small wall as the set was just coming through... small sabiki prawn teaser set up with a zenith on the bottom. I could see a lot of bait fish / launce near to the surface so thought it looked like a good sign. Not long after tap tap tap...boom! Coalie. Went like that for an hour or so, maybe a dozen coalies and half a dozen launce. By this point another dozen or so lads had turned up and had set about catching nothing LOL! Although several of them had set up at the blocks meaning I couldn't get over to try for some more Pollock.... I blame Mike (thunderpants) and Si (wreckingball) for catching so many in the last week making the blocks this months new hot spot!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0219[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1529746

A few more chucks on the small wall produced a nice little codling on the zenith and more colies and launce. Ended up with a couple of dozen fish and the only other fish I saw was taken by Sean (Al yan a mor) .... I no doubt have spelt that incorrectly lol. Nice to meet you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1529747

All in all, nice morning to be out and still finding this little rovex lure pro a nice little rod for fishing the pier
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Well done mate, get your pictures on the Challenge post as well and i'll get them added
    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Well done mate, if it was anywhere other than the Pier I'd be saying very little about the location, diversionary tactic, keeps everyone off the rocks ;-)
      Regards
      Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Great report and pics mate. I'll try to have a slow walk up the pier this weekend with the spinning rod myself.
        People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Had a go tonight at the same spot with a 10g wedge, only one small pollock caught but a canny evening to be out.
          People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

All my fish came on a teaser rig with a zenith on the bottom.... the zenith prevails once again! lol

Si, I will be paying no attention to your mark locations in future after that admission! lol.... heres my effort....

I hear they caught 50+ mackerel on Roker pier this morning!

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
              Had a go tonight at the same spot with a 10g wedge, only one small pollock caught but a canny evening to be out.
              Nice to get out anyway mate, weather looks like its gonna be poop this weekend so you might have got in at the right time

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Phil, could you be a gent and transfer these pics onto the lure challenge post? Its beyond me how to do it lol

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                X