Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssp 02/07/13.

Alright lads,

headed down the pier this morning at 07:30 with my dad and little brother, weather was canny but dark clouds were looming overhead!!

Once the tide run had started to push the set back between the piers, I managed a nice coalie on my lure rod with a set of sabiki teasers... about 3/4lb. Since my old shimano now appears to have given up the ghost, I fell back onto my new shimano nexave (purchased second hand but still boxed! ) It was supposed to be my spare reel but was pushed into action early into the fight and have to say it didn't disappoint! Think the reel is somewhere near £40 brand new (paid £17 ) and it seems to be worth its money. Loaded with 100m of braid it cast well and dealt with all the fish I managed today with ease.

My dad however was busy bagging up on maccy.... it was his first trip out since a serious shoulder operation and he met his match when he didn't have the arm strength to wind up 2 maccy up the sheer cliff face that is shields pier wall Eldest son to the rescue!!

I mainly fished the small wall.... only place I could find that wasn't so windy that I couldn't cast my lures out!! Managed one very nice coalie... about 1.5lb which had line pouring off the reel before I realised I had forgot to set the drag! What a tool lol.

Day finished with a bag full of maccy for my dad, half a dozen coalies for me and a pile of launce for my brother. Another lad managed a few maccy aswell but the other lads on the pier blanked I think other than the odd launce.

Not a bad way to waste a couple of hours!
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Canny session mate and well done on your catches. I tried with the lures up there yesterday evening but the wind was a pain, couldn't control them at all.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Yeah mate, wind wasn't too bad early doors but was a pain in the neck from about 10am. First signs of the maccy showing in numbers aswell though so get ya tin hats oot.... maccy bashing brigade will be here soon enough!

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

I saw the first mackerel of the year over at Whithorn on Sunday, plenty to be had on the daylights. Didn't think it would be long before they hit the North East coast. I didn't get any with the spinners, tried for ages with the Yuki Ruby but couldn't get far enough out to bag one. I know you're nor really meant to cast them but I fancied the fight of a decent size mackerel on the ultra skinny rod.
        Should be plenty more chances though.
        People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

All the maccy I have seen have been a range... 100-150yds. That's why there aren't many being caught as most lads are incapable of hitting them at the minute.... they will be in close enough soon.... fishing the small wall with a yuki and a spinner should be a good laugh for ya! lol

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Canny session, well done.
            List of South Shields Pier Fishing Marks http://youtu.be/l-R3XPf0S0Q

2014 Species Hunt 37
            2013 Species Hunt 27

Comment

Well done mate, weather permitting I'll be out in the morning. :-)
              Regards
              Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Cheers lads.... good luck in the morning Si... tried my best for Pollock today but nothing doing...

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Looking to get down sometime over the next few days. I like high tide about 4pm ish to avoid traffic when i come home so weekend looks good. Got some different lures i want to give a whirl with and also try a float with jelly worm on ??..

mICK.
                  Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Just a few Launce for me this morning this morning fishing down to LW. They started to show in numbers just before i left at 7am. Still say its the best way to start the day!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372833590.762236.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1522180

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372833605.040552.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1522181

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372833622.947616.jpg
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1522182
                    Regards
                    Si

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckingball76 View Post
                      Just a few Launce for me this morning this morning fishing down to LW. They started to show in numbers just before i left at 7am. Still say its the best way to start the day!

[ATTACH]7824[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]7825[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]7826[/ATTACH]
                      Were you flying when you took that last picture mate lol
                      Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                      http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                      http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                        Were you flying when you took that last picture mate lol
                        Lol 'yes' if the Port of Tyne Authority are asking.....
                        Regards
                        Si

************************************************** ******

Comment

Working...
                        X