Maki from the beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maki from the beach

Had a look out early hours this morning as been seeing couple reports locally of silver being taken on hp's in the dark. Well tried 3 locations and nowt so as it was just starting to get light and high tide had just peaked thought I'd try back on Shields beach. Nothing doing first few casts then noticed loads of terns dive bombing further down so upped sticks and went to where the birds were working. Too far out to cast a plastic to so switched over to a 28g metal lure and whacked it out. Got a few knocks first few casts then bang into a fish, fair fight in the shallow water, big mackerel landed reckon about 1.5lb. Went to get the carrier bag to find I didn't have one, bollocks (like a bit mackerel), so shook it off the hook, bollocks number two (forgot to photograph it for the challenge). Anyway nearly every cast for next half hour produced hits, landed 6 which were returned, and about the same dropped off bringing them in. Then it just switched off so moved 100m further along, no mack but plenty bonk eels. Then lost about 20mins fish time when a gull that I hadn't spotted dived and got my lure, fair and square one hook of the treble right through its beak. A medium sized gull don't half go on an 8ft rod. What a carry on getting it unhooked, had to nip the shank off the hook and pull it right through out under side of its beak. Bonny bird but ungrateful sod turned and pecked at my hand when I let it go. Nice morning, bit sport, unfortunate with the gull. Pics to add to the challenge post.
    Last edited by MickA; 07-07-2013, 11:01 PM.

Mackerel & " Bonk eels " sounds fun

Comment

Great session there mate and a much better choice of location than the pier at the moment lol Nice one.

Comment

Bonk eels? LOL! How do I get myself some of those?!?!
        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Been a while since I walked along the Beach and pulled a bonny looking Bird and had a few bonks....ahem, sorry couldn't resist..... Well done on the Fish mate ;-)
          Regards
          Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Working...
          X