Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting turn up, SSP 16/07/13.

Alright lads?

Headed out with my little brother this morning down to shields pier, got there about 6:30. Wind had started to pick up but bright blue skys and the sun shining. Got along the end to find about a dozen lads already on... usual pile of maccy lying around in the sun

Set up by the blocks fishing over the top of the ledge on the left hand side and quite happy with the spot. Set up my brother with a set of daylights to keep him occupied, few minutes later... "I think its snagged..." wrong.... maccy. I set up with a teaser sabiki rig but had nothing for about an hour wity my brother landing fish after fish

My brother had a sit down so I had a chuck with his rod for a change and bang, maccy on the drop.... at over 100yds.... after a long wind back in my first maccy of the year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0232[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1529864

A lad came along and sat down to my right, float fishing a live eel at about 10ft depth into the small hole between the ledge and start of the blocks.... float disappears and ends up hauling in a lovely Pollock... around the 3.5-4lb mark. I had to throw down some large kitchen scissors to give you a sense of the size but I don't think the pic does it justice.

Name:	IMG_0229[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1529865

Nice to see that he made an effort to return the fish, taking it down the steps on the harbour side and releasing it but it was fairly deep hooked (hook length cut off) and ended up going belly up. Some scrounger came along with a set of feathers and hooked it out and kept it!

Set the story really.... watching millions of tiny sandeel getting battered by launce and maccy the length of the pier.... I ended up with a large hit on the spinner with a cast across the back of the blocks.... im thinking big Pollock... ended up with a 1.5-2lb coalie which had my little lure rod bend double lol

More maccy were to follow and then my brother rod gets bend over.. im thinking he has a full house on his daylights. He gets it to just by the ledge in front of us and it snags up.... im looking down but cant see any flashes from mackerel... wtf? He is yanking away so I take the rod off him, let a bit of line out thinking, if a fish is still hooked it might just pull it clear, give it a last pull and there it is....... codling! The pic below doesn't do it justice and comfortably my brother biggest ever fish... around 2.5lb mark, he is over the moon and im trying to claim it as my fish as he would have lost it without my help ! Oh alright then.... he can have it

Name:	IMG_0231[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1529866

Lovely morning to be out despite the knackers all along the end of the pier....
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Great report Marc. All the fish and the weather will be gone by the time I'm off work at the end of the week knowing my luck.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Weather is due to be canny for a while yet mate! Might have a maccy session later in the week and then a blast up druridge to try and bag a turbot early next week if you fancy it?

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
        Weather is due to be canny for a while yet mate! Might have a maccy session later in the week and then a blast up druridge to try and bag a turbot early next week if you fancy it?
        Yup, I'll be off work for a fortnight so I'll be doing as much fishing as I can. PM me when you are going mate.
        People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Will do. Off work wed /thu this week and mon / tue next week but will let ya know.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Nice session mate, some nice different species aswell.

Comment

Nice report and pics mate.
              target of 10 codling this season and gonna try for a pig!!!!1

Cheers Justin

Comment

Cracking report mate well done to u and ur bro!🎣
                Pb cod 7lbs (1.12.12) Tynemouth.

Best cod since (1.09.13)

4lbs 3oz (11.10.13) Tynemouth.

4lbs 7oz (18.10.13) Tynemouth.

5lbs 3oz (8.11.13) Tynemouth.

Comment

Quality session mate well done to the two of you
                  KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                  PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                  PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                  OKUMA TRIO 55
                  YUKI RUBYMAR
                  RON THOMPSON TYRON
                  SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

A good report mate and that's a nice fish

Comment

Great report. Think yous walked past me this morning? I was fishing west side of the blocks from the ledge from 5.30am till 6.30ish then moved down to 44 for 30mins. Water was boiling all along Pier with Sandeels. Lovely morning but nothing significant to report for me just small stuff. :-)
                      Regards
                      Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Haha Si, as I was walking along I saw a lad with a spinning rod and he was using a lrf set up close in.... oh he has a shiney head Im thinking.... wonder if that's Si off the sight?

You looked too busy to stop and bother you.... if it wasn't you... if you know what I mean lol.

You manage ok with the lrf rod? Phil's rod managed to split right along the last 6 inchs of the tip when we were out a couple of weekends ago.... not snapped off, literally split... was weird.

If I think it's you next time mate I will stop and say hi! Was a fairly productive session for us with a few nice fish showing up.... I was loving it by the blocks, im spinning lures and jellys across the blocks, lad float fishing into the blocks then two old blocks came down.... set up on our right.... im thinking there is no room to fish there... wtf are they doing? BAIT FISHING that's what. Plus he could cast so his line was directly out across in front of me and my brother... im quite glad that he lost his rig EVERY cast... stupid idiots. Signalled my time to go home!

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

I've said it before, secret hand shake lol
                          Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                          http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                          http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Lol :d

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                            X