Mackerel on really light gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackerel on really light gear

Not much of a report but...got a few decent sized mackerel on a rockfish UL, 1000 size reel, 6lb line and a 6g spinner, off roker pier on Wednesday night, they put up a good fight, rod was bent over double.

Got a load more, and loads of coalies on the big rod and feathers as well, too easy though!
    Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
    Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Well done mate a canny session !

Comment

Great sport Andy welldone
      KOMPRESSOR SPORT
      PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
      PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
      OKUMA TRIO 55
      YUKI RUBYMAR
      RON THOMPSON TYRON
      SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Cheers lads

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Originally posted by andyco View Post
          Not much of a report but...got a few decent sized mackerel on a rockfish UL, 1000 size reel, 6lb line and a 6g spinner, off roker pier on Wednesday night, they put up a good fight, rod was bent over double.

Got a load more, and loads of coalies on the big rod and feathers as well, too easy though!
          I've been using my 3-10g sk4 down on ssp
          Great sport with mackerel coalies and pollack

Last had a few chavs giving me stick about the size of the rod as they went past

They soon shut up when they saw the size of the fish by my gear !

Mackerel had the rod doubled before they were anywhere neAr the wall

Much more fun than swinging 6oz of lead about
          Species 2015 - Cod, Bass, Flounder, Dab, LS Sea Scorpion
          Species 2014 - Coalfish, Codling, Dab, Lobster, Weaver, LS Sea Scorpion, Flounder, Barracuda (Gran Canaria)
          Species 2013 - Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Coalfish, pollack, dab, eel, Mackeral, Launce, eel pout, blenny, LS Sea Scorpion, Butterfish, Thin Lipped Mullet, thick Lipped Mullet, Gilt Head Bream, Black Bream, Yet to be identified Mediterainian Wrasse, Bass

Comment

Well done on the fish mate, ive seen those rockfish bend over before with coalies... a sight to behold! lol
            "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
            PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Nice sessions mate and they are great fun are with light set up, BUT they only easy to catch when they are there, sometime its not so easy, certainly makes up for it when they are like.

Comment

Definitely good fun using the light gear; I’m gonna put some more hours in on the rocks with it on Saturday morning around low tide, still haven’t caught any rock-fish with my rockfish!

Would really like to catch Wrasse, I’ve already tried loads of marks along shields/marsden/whitburn and had nothing; haven’t fished around camels island yet so might give that a shot. Anyone else out rock fishing on Saturday morning?

Comment

Originally posted by andyco View Post
                  Definitely good fun using the light gear; I’m gonna put some more hours in on the rocks with it on Saturday morning around low tide, still haven’t caught any rock-fish with my rockfish!

Would really like to catch Wrasse, I’ve already tried loads of marks along shields/marsden/whitburn and had nothing; haven’t fished around camels island yet so might give that a shot. Anyone else out rock fishing on Saturday morning?
                  Try down the side of the Piers for Wrasse mate, and well done on the Mackeral on the UL Gear, that's the way to do it!
                  Regards
                  Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Cheers, will give that a try, is worth a shot at low tide?

Comment

Working...
                    X