Blowing the Cobwebs of a hectic week 20/7/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowing the Cobwebs of a hectic week 20/7/13

Had a really hectic week and with the Sea looking like its gonna start to lift I fancied a nice and easy relaxing session that didn't require much effort. I popped down SSP this morning at around 6.30am. The Pier was relatively quiet as the weather wasn't great first thing, there was a bit moisture in the air, grey and overcast.

I was walking along next to the Brigade Hut looking for signs of feeding. The water was boiling in patches so I though I'd clamber down the side and have a quick chuck into the fray as I had a small Savage Gear (Mepps style) Spinner set-up on my LRF rod. First cast was spot on , right behind the boil, so I slowly retrieved in and through it in the hope of a take, unfortunately the only take I managed was a snag..... Which lost me my Spinner and rubbing leader!... Its gonna be one of those days I thought!

Did the climb of shame back up and marched along to the Blocks to find it clear, with only half a dozen people fishing past the blocks. Not much in the way of action by the looks of it. For my first few casts I like to clip on a short Sabiki Trace with 3 to 4 Sabiki's on, this usually gives a good indication if there are any Fish about.

First two casts produced double shots of Launce then about 3rd or 4th cast it was bump,bang,bump.... A treble shot of Coleys, absolute nightmare lifting them all the way up at Low Water with my Lure rod! Good job its got a bit back-bone! Mission accomplished, Fish were present and in the vicinity, needless to say the Sabiki's came straight off after that. A couple of lads who were passing did the Honours and took

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374330032.442451.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1529874

So I parked my arse on the wall and clipped on a Storm Piranha 35g casting Lure. These are the mutts nuts, cheap and cast for miles. Reelsport have them in for £7 for a blister pack of 4 or about £1.90ish each.They are definitely more of a casting Jig than a Traditional Spinner. Possibly the new Zenith in my book!

First cast got hit on the drop.

Pier started to fill up by now and there where people Fishing either side of me. Mainly Spinning and Daylights. I was catching almost a fish a chuck, mostly Mackerel. I was actually shaking them off and putting them back to begin with, much to the horror of the folks beside me. So from that point on I filled their bags for them! Lol both fellas either side of me were canny and we all had a good craic as they were finding it a bit more tough going and unfortunately weren't catching much.

I'm putting it down to the extra 20-30yrds I was getting from the Lure. That's deffo what made the difference in my opinion. Finished up with a couple of dozen Mackerel or more (lost count), 4 Coleys, 10-12 Sandeels. Again all with the slowest possible retrieve without getting snagged.

They were queuing up for my spot when I left! Lol

Great morning of lazy fishing..... Now I've put the Mackerel well and truly to bed its time to focus on something more exotic or next time it will be on the Caro or Fly.....which should be fun!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wreckingball76; 20-07-2013, 03:58 PM.
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

I was the one that took the pic for you, had a couple of good pollock up the end

Comment

Nice one Si, typical, as soon as in back working local the flippin sea comes away
      Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
      http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
      http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by chris435 View Post
        I was the one that took the pic for you, had a couple of good pollock up the end
        Thought so when I saw your post mate, but wasn't sure. Thanks very much. Absolute Belters those Pollock.
        Regards
        Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Working...
        X