LRF success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LRF success

... only just though. Went out with just the LRF gear today (rockfish UL, shimano alivio 1000, 6lb line, 3g jig heads and a packet of pink isome).

Fished a few low tide marks between camel island and black path from 7am till about 12, got nothing.

Planned on going to SSP for high tide, but was a bit nippy (went out in just shorts and t shirt on the coldest day for about 4 weeks) so had a look at Roker marina. Fished there for about 2 hours, and got 1 lovely little sea scorpion (have caught them before but on a float).

Long day for 1 fish but still well pleased - went out with the intention to get a sea scorpion or wrasse on the LRF gear and got one.

If I can blag another day of fishing tomorrow, might go to SSP and try and get one of those wrasse people were catching today.
    Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
    Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

It's nice to catch what ya target , well done mate
    I am a fisherman !
    It is not merely something that I do
    It is who I am !
    Fishing is not simply my escape.
    It is where I am supposed to be.
    It is not a place that I go
    But a lifelong journey that I am taking
    It is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show others.
    When you understand all of this you will then know me .
    And we will fish together

Comment

Think i saw you crouched over a pool behind camel island,I was out looking for some marks for some rock fishing next week . There was some good pools up there

Comment

Nice one, its always good to catch what your targeting, proves you know what your doing ��
        Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
        http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
        http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by jamesm View Post
          Think i saw you crouched over a pool behind camel island,I was out looking for some marks for some rock fishing next week . There was some good pools up there
          Might of been, there are some really good pools there, one of the best marks along shields/marsden/Whitburn for rock pools. I saw loads of different small fish in them, tried for a few but as soon as you see them they see you and disappear. I think I saw a small weaver in one of them.

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

first fish on using lrf technique, and my pb scorpion fish!

Comment

Working...
            X